Graviteam
March 28, 2024, 11:27:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help with 3D models of soldiers  (Read 11251 times)
night_postman
Major

« on: April 05, 2016, 06:29:56 AM »

Friends! Need help in 3D Max for tinkering with the models of soldiers! Who can, please respond! Need to redo the 3D model and make a template for the texture. I draw the texture.
SSPEIPER
Major

« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2016, 03:50:55 AM »

I wish I could, although I only use Rhino 3D...

I would love to tweak the German soldier models in particular, as the helmet
model annoys the hell out of me the way it is now, it just does not look correct.

If the soldiers can be brought up to the level of the vehicles and tanks in terms
of detail etc... then that would be amazing for added immersion and realism.

You could have SS Smock and helmet cover textures for when they are introduced
too...
night_postman
Major

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2016, 08:12:36 AM »

I wish I could, although I only use Rhino 3D...

I would love to tweak the German soldier models in particular, as the helmet
model annoys the hell out of me the way it is now, it just does not look correct.

If the soldiers can be brought up to the level of the vehicles and tanks in terms
of detail etc... then that would be amazing for added immersion and realism.

You could have SS Smock and helmet cover textures for when they are introduced
too...

Ok! With my modifications "Skin Mod Achtung Panzer", I used a German helmet from "Battle for Kharkov", but it should be correct also. I can do any texture. The main thing to scan (blank) for texture. And you can make a Soviet helmet also?
For details when working in 3d max for Mius, You need to contact andrey12345, - he'll tell you. I'm ready to draw texture.
wildman
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2016, 03:03:20 PM »

You should post on Steam also, in both GT:OS and Mius forums, more active players visit there than here.

I know Flashburn has some 3D modelling experience for this game, but it's not for me to volunteer his services  Wink

Agree with SSPeiper 100%, the infantry needs some love, the German helmet in particular and if they can be brought closer to the vehicles in terms of quality that would be a wonderful thing  Grin
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2016, 03:08:51 PM »

There are issues.  While model stuff non issue.  Or unwrapping for textures for that matter.  Where we run into problems is different versions of MAX.  For animations and rigging it gets funky.  Gravi is using one version.  Other use different.  So when you modify meshes it is unclear the reprocushions to the bones and all that of model/animations. And the game needs Max's bones and animation stuff for soldiers. Props on the soldiers is no problem.  Just annoying as hell to position. 

Its worth a shot to try.  But might not work out at all. 

Yabba dabba do
night_postman
Major

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2016, 09:09:01 AM »

There are issues.  While model stuff non issue.  Or unwrapping for textures for that matter.  Where we run into problems is different versions of MAX.  For animations and rigging it gets funky.  Gravi is using one version.  Other use different.  So when you modify meshes it is unclear the reprocushions to the bones and all that of model/animations. And the game needs Max's bones and animation stuff for soldiers. Props on the soldiers is no problem.  Just annoying as hell to position.  

Its worth a shot to try.  But might not work out at all.  

The specifics of 3D Max for model Mius can tell andrey12345. His contacts in the forum: http://graviteam.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=72 He is one of the developers. For "Operation Star" a new model SS soldier in "hercovka" was done under his leadership.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2016, 11:45:02 AM by night_postman » Logged
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2016, 04:46:45 PM »

There are issues.  While model stuff non issue.  Or unwrapping for textures for that matter.  Where we run into problems is different versions of MAX.  For animations and rigging it gets funky.  Gravi is using one version.  Other use different.  So when you modify meshes it is unclear the reprocushions to the bones and all that of model/animations. And the game needs Max's bones and animation stuff for soldiers. Props on the soldiers is no problem.  Just annoying as hell to position.  

Its worth a shot to try.  But might not work out at all.  

The specifics of 3D Max for model Mius can tell andrey12345. His contacts in the forum: http://graviteam.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=72 He is one of the developers. For "Operation Star" a new model SS soldier in "hercovka" was done under his leadership.

Well i do have an idea from previous talks.  But what exactly are you needing? 

Yabba dabba do
wodin
Generalleutnant

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2016, 07:42:07 PM »

Yeah soldiers are definately the weakest aspect of the visuals. The German helmets seem rather large..I think..don't look right anyway. The faces look pretty damn ugly and again a funny shape. Abit wide maybe.
night_postman
Major

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2016, 04:52:25 PM »

Well i do have an idea from previous talks.  But what exactly are you needing?  

Not modestly on my part, but first need:

German Tankman

Soviet Tankman

and the new Soviet tanker helmet

« Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 04:56:23 PM by night_postman » Logged
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2016, 06:06:43 PM »

Well I suck at humans.  Even my life drawing classes looked like mutants.  Stylized mutants, but mutants. If simple changes might be able to do.  I seem to be fine at that with humans. That is if mesh is in proper proportions.  But from square one I make strange mutants and not even tried in years.  But complex convex and concave shapes of things I am fine at.  GO FIGURE.  But the big one remains the rigging of model and animations.  This I am not good at.  And has to conform with existing bones for max.  Then version differences and not compatible.  I can import from things gravi does.  But export on this stuff does not seem to work.     

Things like helmets, hats and gear no problems. 

It is worth a shot however.  Willing to give it a try.   

But would need to know exactly what is needed.  Like THIS hat.  Or change that face to BLAA.  Or bloused pants to this sort of baby step things. 

Ill have to pester Andrey and see as well as what meshes and source files, if any, they would let me brake.   Facepalm But making changes to mesh, and unwrapping for texture is totally possible.  It is simply I do not know how will work out with bones and animation for Max and game.  Also, even if I can not get rigged right on my end, it is possible someone else could but the time in on theirs. It would be a simple thing for someone that knows that side of things.  Actually would be really good for me to get out of my comfort zone and into other things. 

Yabba dabba do
night_postman
Major

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2016, 06:06:31 AM »

Well I suck at humans.  Even my life drawing classes looked like mutants.  Stylized mutants, but mutants. If simple changes might be able to do.  I seem to be fine at that with humans. That is if mesh is in proper proportions.  But from square one I make strange mutants and not even tried in years.  But complex convex and concave shapes of things I am fine at.  GO FIGURE.  But the big one remains the rigging of model and animations.  This I am not good at.  And has to conform with existing bones for max.  Then version differences and not compatible.  I can import from things gravi does.  But export on this stuff does not seem to work.     

Things like helmets, hats and gear no problems. 

It is worth a shot however.  Willing to give it a try.   

But would need to know exactly what is needed.  Like THIS hat.  Or change that face to BLAA.  Or bloused pants to this sort of baby step things. 

Ill have to pester Andrey and see as well as what meshes and source files, if any, they would let me brake.   Facepalm But making changes to mesh, and unwrapping for texture is totally possible.  It is simply I do not know how will work out with bones and animation for Max and game.  Also, even if I can not get rigged right on my end, it is possible someone else could but the time in on theirs. It would be a simple thing for someone that knows that side of things.  Actually would be really good for me to get out of my comfort zone and into other things. 

To contact Andrew is good. Open a secret - started the process of replacing the models of soldiers in the game. You will be able to participate in a great common cause and to write their names in the history of the game  Smiley

...to create a model of tankman offer from the original model of a German soldier in Mius. The initial model for 3D max - at Andrey.
SSPEIPER
Major

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2016, 02:48:52 AM »

Not saying it would be easy, but these would be perfect....!

I know the higher the polygons, the more drag on the CPU etc... but they do look pretty... Grin

« Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 02:50:33 AM by SSPEIPER » Logged
SSPEIPER
Major

« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2016, 02:53:36 AM »

The hi-res textures on this one are brilliant....!!!

Just noticed it is from a Russian website no less.... Roll Eyes   Better detailed / animated soldiers would be great!

« Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 02:55:11 AM by SSPEIPER » Logged
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2016, 03:00:47 AM »

His hands look huge!  Lobster man.

Bring back 3D markers!
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2016, 03:32:43 AM »

His hands look huge!  Lobster man.

That is the issue with modeling humans and why you have to have human proportion down.  Because everyone knows when its wrong, even an itty bitty bit. 

Yabba dabba do
night_postman
Major

« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2016, 04:38:11 AM »

Not saying it would be easy, but these would be perfect....!

I know the higher the polygons, the more drag on the CPU etc... but they do look pretty... Grin

Oooooh yeeeeeeah!!!!!!!  Cheesy
Schuck
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2016, 05:43:56 PM »

And you know what they say about blokes with big hands.................
They have big gloves! Grin
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2016, 06:34:39 PM »

And you know what they say about blokes with big hands.................
They have need big gloves! Grin

Grin

Bring back 3D markers!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: