Graviteam
April 24, 2024, 04:42:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Selecting dismounted arty spotters seems to be impossible.  (Read 4085 times)
Juswick
Oberleutnant

« on: April 10, 2016, 04:12:03 AM »

I have read that I can dismount my arty spotters and then hold shift or ctrl to select only the infantry and not the APC but it doesn't work.

I'm I just doing it wrong?  I can hold down shift when I select a squad and it splits the squad , but when I try the same with the arty spotters it doesn't work.

I also see that the squads I can split have I and II marks on the unit card and these highlight if I have both teams selected or just number I team selected.

The arty spotter however don't have the I and II marks on their icon.

The spotters are arguable the most important unit on the battlefield and I want to dismount them behind a bunch of trees and sneak up to the forward edge of the forest unseen so I can call in a fire mission.

Unfortunately I have to drive the half track into view and then everybody shots my spotters.

Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2016, 05:15:09 AM »

Hmmmm Ill have to check that.  I am not sure you can move dismounts for German Arty half track.  And I know you can not if any dismounts are dead.  Or at least a few weeks ago you could not. 

Yabba dabba do
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2016, 05:16:58 AM »

No you certainly can not do this.  Of course, with out the half track you have no radio to call anyone.  That might be the logic.  Or its a bug.  Or well who knows. 

Yabba dabba do
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2016, 10:29:41 PM »

Like a tank commander, you could dismount, sneak forward and then return to the vehicle or send a message to the radio operator.

Bring back 3D markers!
kapulA
Oberst

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2016, 01:49:07 AM »

Maybe add an option that they can still relay radio coords if the halftrack is within 30-50m or such, so the vehicle can at least concievably be hidden in the forest while the spotters peek out?
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2016, 06:06:25 PM »

The dismounts probably should be able to be selected on their own.  A lot of reasons for that.  From poking head over a rise, to sometime issues where the APC with take up a defense position but the dismounts are strung all over.  If you hit take up defense, the apc moves somewhere else.  You can get them all into a dug in position eventually, but is silly.

Yabba dabba do
ackack
Oberleutnant

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2016, 10:35:06 PM »

It would be cool if artillery spotting was fully integrated into the comms system, so that spotters would require radio or wire link in order to correct fire. I don't get the rational behind allowing Russian spotters to run around on foot, no comms connection, while the Germans are tied to the HTs. There are actually some new German field radio squads (haven't seen any Russian equivalents), why not have German and Russian spotters on foot use those?     
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: