Graviteam
April 20, 2024, 04:40:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Windows 7, 8 & 10/64bit only?  (Read 8259 times)
fireship4
Hauptmann

« on: March 03, 2016, 05:36:42 PM »

I read on the steam store page that the game requires Windows 7/64bit minimum.  I still own Vista 64bit and don't plan to upgrade until I get a new job.  Is there any hope of running on Vista (or other systems for those of us who lag behind the pack)?  If not is there something fundamental that the game requires that is missing from Vista that would make future compatibility unlikely?

In any case good luck with the release of the game.

EDIT: as an addendum, will there be a demo released for the game?  These are becoming more and more rare recently but GTOS/AP demos were available and kept up to date.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 05:38:52 PM by fireship4 » Logged
fireship4
Hauptmann

« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2016, 03:49:19 PM »

Can I get a confirmation from the devs or someone who knows whether Mius Front will work on an up-to-date copy of Windows Vista 64?  I ask again because I noticed CM:Final Blitzkreig also lists Win7 as minimum but apparently works with Vista, and it got me thinking again.

I imagine there is some redistributable that is required, and I wondered if I already have (or could download) something equivalent through Windows update.  I saw it mentioned on another thread when a user experienced crashes and was instructed to download an update for their version of Windows.

I am aware that Steam has a policy of allowing a refund within some short period, no questions asked, but I would prefer to avoid that if I can get an answer here.
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2016, 07:30:07 PM »

I read on the steam store page that the game requires Windows 7/64bit minimum.  I still own Vista 64bit and don't plan to upgrade until I get a new job.  Is there any hope of running on Vista (or other systems for those of us who lag behind the pack)?  
We have not tested on Vista because of its extremely low prevalence

If not is there something fundamental that the game requires that is missing from Vista that would make future compatibility unlikely?
If the question is that -  did Graviteam something special that would interfere with work on Vista. Answer - no. But I suspect redistributed library from Microsoft visual studio will not work on Vista.

EDIT: as an addendum, will there be a demo released for the game?  These are becoming more and more rare recently but GTOS/AP demos were available and kept up to date.
Probably not. Since the STEAM enter an opportunity to refund game the demo version have lost all meaning.

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
fireship4
Hauptmann

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2016, 10:24:41 PM »

Ok, thankyou Andrey for taking the time to answer, especially as this probably does not affect many users.

I will post here if I end up buying and testing on Vista 64.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 10:26:35 PM by fireship4 » Logged
chaudard
Generalmajor

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2016, 07:24:03 PM »

I can tell you that the game doesn't work with Windows Seven 64 bits without  the Service Pack 1.

So, Vista... Undecided
wildman
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2016, 07:28:55 PM »

You can purchase the game on Steam, try it out and if it works great, if not refund.

chaudard
Generalmajor

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2016, 07:42:59 PM »

You can purchase the game on Steam, try it out and if it works great, if not refund.

Yes, you can trust Steam, if the game doesn't work, you will be refunded.
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2016, 09:00:03 PM »

I can tell you that the game doesn't work with Windows Seven 64 bits without  the Service Pack 1.

So, Vista... Undecided

The game works even on Win XP, but MSVC REDIST not work.

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2016, 09:10:50 PM »

What I think Andrey is getting at is that if at least VC 2013 can not be installed its a no go.  If it can it might run?  Its hard to say with old vista.  It might actually run in Vista 64bit... 

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40784

It lists service pack 2 for VISTA.   

Yabba dabba do
fireship4
Hauptmann

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2016, 08:40:58 PM »

I am happy to report that the game seems to be functioning on my copy of Vista 64.  It was up-to-date and I made sure to install the VC 2013 redistributable linked above (two files, x86 and x64, third would not install).

Thanks to everyone for your help, and I look forward to getting into the game, and eventually blowing you all up online.
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2016, 08:44:38 PM »

I am happy to report that the game seems to be functioning on my copy of Vista 64.  It was up-to-date and I made sure to install the VC 2013 redistributable linked above (two files, x86 and x64, third would not install).

Thanks to everyone for your help, and I look forward to getting into the game, and eventually blowing you all up online.

Thats good.  You only needed the X64 one.  64bit and all.  I also checked.  vc 2015 also might work.  You may need that one soon.   Wink

Yabba dabba do
fireship4
Hauptmann

« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2016, 08:50:23 PM »

OK, thanks Flashburn.
fireship4
Hauptmann

« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2016, 09:14:28 PM »

It will continue till the next update. Sorry

I just recieved this comment on my steam thread from Andrey.  Might this be referring to needing VC 2015?  As I have installed it and re-tested (apologies for posting in both threads at once).
fireship4
Hauptmann

« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2016, 11:46:30 PM »

I installed the new patch and it is still working.  Is that what Andrey was referring to?
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2016, 11:40:03 AM »

I installed the new patch and it is still working.  Is that what Andrey was referring to?
This is good. But it's more like an accident  Cheesy.

chaudard
Generalmajor

« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2016, 03:38:11 PM »

You should to consider to disable the auto-update in Steam. Don't forget to backup your hard drive (raw copy)  Wink
fireship4
Hauptmann

« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2016, 06:10:29 PM »

A nice accident indeed!  Yes I did chaudard, before the last update, just in case.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: