Graviteam
March 29, 2024, 05:10:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Started work on more challenging modded German campaign..  (Read 21296 times)
norty72
Oberleutnant

« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2016, 10:32:51 AM »

Hi. How did you copy the division pool files (for the Mius front campaign) over to libre office? Is there any way of converting the unflattened division pool files to so they can be seen in libre, or do you have to painstakingly change the libre pool file which is created when creating a campaign in the campaign editor for GTOS? You have shown us an example of the libre pool files when you made the Sokolovo redux (make sokolovo) campaign. Did you create this one from scratch?

Hope that makes sense  Huh?
Shadrach
Major

« Reply #41 on: July 02, 2016, 12:28:51 PM »

I've been playing a couple of turns in this campaign, and getting slam-dunked by a very aggressive Red Army and insane amount of arty. I was afraid it would crash because of the latest patches but so far so good.

The AI in the latest patches seems really good and the passiveness is gone it seems, so that just adds to the challenge of this campaign. It's actually fun to get rolled over by the AI for once instead of a turkey shoot.

Question; did you give the Red Army a lot more artillery and spotters? They seem to have an huge amount of the stuff, and able to slaughter my troops just by barrages. It's realistic of course, but I wonder if this is changes in the latest versions of the game or something in the campaign.
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #42 on: July 03, 2016, 06:12:07 PM »

I've been playing a couple of turns in this campaign, and getting slam-dunked by a very aggressive Red Army and insane amount of arty. I was afraid it would crash because of the latest patches but so far so good.

The AI in the latest patches seems really good and the passiveness is gone it seems, so that just adds to the challenge of this campaign. It's actually fun to get rolled over by the AI for once instead of a turkey shoot.

Question; did you give the Red Army a lot more artillery and spotters? They seem to have an huge amount of the stuff, and able to slaughter my troops just by barrages. It's realistic of course, but I wonder if this is changes in the latest versions of the game or something in the campaign.

I did not really mess with arty spotters.  It should be pretty much default.  But there where a ton and a half of them assigned in the pool of campaign. 

Yabba dabba do
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #43 on: July 03, 2016, 06:16:48 PM »

Hi. How did you copy the division pool files (for the Mius front campaign) over to libre office? Is there any way of converting the unflattened division pool files to so they can be seen in libre, or do you have to painstakingly change the libre pool file which is created when creating a campaign in the campaign editor for GTOS? You have shown us an example of the libre pool files when you made the Sokolovo redux (make sokolovo) campaign. Did you create this one from scratch?

Hope that makes sense  Huh?

I did not.  No way I know to do so.  I just edited the files and packed them back up.  As this was a hack job I went the easy route, at least it was easier for me.  THis was an edited campaign and not from square 1.  Starting from that point, an ODS of the div pool is way easier and I think only supported now.  Old way of do it notepad does not seem to work.  Was  clunky and bad anyway. 

Yabba dabba do
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: