Graviteam
March 28, 2024, 09:12:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Invincibility option  (Read 17707 times)
Trifklux
Oberleutnant

« on: April 17, 2016, 09:52:58 AM »

Hello,

does the invincibility option work at all since I or my tank still get destroyed.

Thanks in advance

Triflux
Krabb
Administrator
Generaloberst

Chekist with a Mauser

« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2016, 02:21:20 PM »

Hi, it works, but only for your tank. Crew is still vulnerable. And there is a bug with armor: hits at the boundary between polygons of the model surface gets through. So, HE shells (lots of splinters) could occasionally destroy your tank by killing the crew.

"Please adopt a good faith attitude, Andrey. After 2+ years it's about time you did."
"It is simply not necessary, it makes no sense"
Trifklux
Oberleutnant

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2016, 03:33:01 PM »

Many thanks for the quick response.
Txema
Generalmajor

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2016, 10:25:10 PM »

And there is a bug with armor: hits at the boundary between polygons of the model surface gets through. So, HE shells (lots of splinters) could occasionally destroy your tank by killing the crew.

Hi Krabb,

Very interesting comment !

Is there something that can be done by the modders to avoid that bug with the armor: hits at the boundary between polygons of the model surface gets through ??

Thank you very much for your help !!

Txema
Krabb
Administrator
Generaloberst

Chekist with a Mauser

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2016, 04:33:46 PM »

Hi Txema,

no, it's hardcoded. I doubt anything can be done without messing with the code. If I remember well, this was fixed only in Fall Blau, but it hasn't been published...

"Please adopt a good faith attitude, Andrey. After 2+ years it's about time you did."
Txema
Generalmajor

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2016, 12:42:43 PM »

Hi Txema,

no, it's hardcoded. I doubt anything can be done without messing with the code. If I remember well, this was fixed only in Fall Blau, but it hasn't been published...

Hi Krabb,

First of all, thank you very much for your answer !

Do you mean that the "boundary between polygons" doesn't matter anymore in the Graviteam games (Graviteam Tactics, Fall Blau, Steel Armor Blaze of War, )? If so, then any bullet/shell has physical dimensions (is a physic object) and it is not considered as a point as it was in Steel Fury?
Or modders must still make the proper 3D model without "boundary between polygons". In 3D max "boundary between polygons" means "open edges".

Thanks again for your help !!

Txema

Krabb
Administrator
Generaloberst

Chekist with a Mauser

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2016, 01:15:32 PM »

Do you mean that the "boundary between polygons" doesn't matter anymore in the Graviteam games (Graviteam Tactics, Fall Blau, Steel Armor Blaze of War, )? If so, then any bullet/shell has physical dimensions (is a physic object) and it is not considered as a point as it was in Steel Fury?
Yes, this bug is fixed in newer games.

Or modders must still make the proper 3D model without "boundary between polygons". In 3D max "boundary between polygons" means "open edges".
I mean simply "edges". Sorry, I had used a wrong word choice for translation.

Txema
Generalmajor

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2016, 01:23:24 PM »

Thank you very much again for your answer !

Let me ask again with a picture to clarify my question:

Here you have a picture explaining what are "open edges".
As you can see, there are three edges painted in green color. There is a slit between the polygons in the edge. Consequently we call it "open edge" and splinters (or even bullets/shells) can go inside the cube (tank hull) through that slit ("open edge").
My question is:
Does the fix implemented in the new Graviteam games prevent the penetration of splinters inside the cube through the "open edges" (the slits between polygons)? It should be possible if splinters/bullets/shells have physical dimensions: height, width, length. In this way the 3D modeler does not need to be very careful and check out the 3D model for the errors (open edges) because those "open edges" would be irrelevant since no penetration would happen through them...

Thank you very much again for your help !!

Txema
Donken
Generalmajor

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2016, 06:40:08 PM »

Txema:

There have been much discussions about this http://graviteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=11602.0, check a bit down on my explanation. It is impossible to fix, even if you fix the open edges, bullets will go throu any edge even if they are not open =) Steel furys mechanics have reached the limit a long time ago Tongue

The real heroes are those that never came back.
Txema
Generalmajor

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2016, 05:43:05 PM »

OK, Donken, thank you very much for your explanation !

Let me ask about the games developed by Graviteam AFTER Steel Fury: Kharkov 42 (Fall Blau, Graviteam Tactics, Steel Armor Blaze of War). Does the fix implemented in those new Graviteam games prevent the penetration of splinters/shells inside the cube through the "open edges"?

Txema
Krabb
Administrator
Generaloberst

Chekist with a Mauser

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2016, 05:58:16 PM »

Only in GT: Mius-Front. Before that, the "fix" was somewhat simplified, so wouldn't work with open edges.

Txema
Generalmajor

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2016, 10:08:19 PM »

OK, Krabb, very interesting. Thank you very much !

Txema
Asid
Hauptmann

« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2016, 09:34:19 PM »

Hi Krabb

Could you be more detailed about what was exactly fixed in the "open edges" for the newest games like: FB, GTOS to compare with SF?

Thank you

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying
Krabb
Administrator
Generaloberst

Chekist with a Mauser

« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2016, 05:13:53 AM »

Hi Asid,

Actually, no, a brief article about armor penetration in GTMF is in preparation, so I don't want to spoil that. Cheesy

Asid
Hauptmann

« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2016, 12:00:06 AM »

Hi Asid,

Actually, no, a brief article about armor penetration in GTMF is in preparation, so I don't want to spoil that. Cheesy
Hi Krabb

I look forward to the article.

Regards

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2016, 01:07:24 PM »

Likewise I am curious to read it.  :)Mius Front certainly seems to be a success amongst your fans and I hope for you Graviteam guys a commercial one as well!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: