Graviteam
April 20, 2024, 08:43:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: German 320th Infantry campaign - Taranovka  (Read 8569 times)
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« on: April 21, 2016, 06:18:50 PM »

First time I've encountered this situation.  LSSAH has started it's attack from the west (turn 5 I think).  The LSSAH is ai controlled on the op map and the tac map.  On the tac map I have one under strength, out of ammo platoon of the 320 Inf Div under my control.  All the other units are LSSAH ai controlled.  From the Op map it looked like a meeting engagement.  I hid my single platoon in the woods in the back.  When I start the clock the LSSAH units just sit there in place.  Will they move forward without my platoon moving with them?  Will they attack on their own if that is the ai's plan?

Bring back 3D markers!
Xambrium
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2016, 02:19:58 PM »

Its nothing scripted, AI will decide, maybe after getting some recon information from your unit.
Or maybe not  Grin

Its best to control all troops by yourself or you end up looking at parked Tigers in the woods making a campfire while your troops get slaughtered by Matildas..  Facepalm
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2016, 02:59:34 PM »

Thanks for the answer.  I will take control of the ai troops from now on.  I watched as a FO halftrack decided to suicide charge 2 Matildas, firing it's MG all the way.  It could have backed up under cover, but no...

Bring back 3D markers!
wodin
Generalleutnant

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2016, 04:23:35 PM »

I always control allied
davidx
Hauptmann

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2016, 04:22:03 PM »

Hello,

others things to note, about direct control of allies:

1. your command and control resource pool is required to be expended to give orders to allies forces.
2. more importantly, I have noticed when taking over AI allies their moral always starts at "dismal". Probably for campaign balance. Their moral may be slowly built up, but even over a campaign, the troops remain "brittle", with all the issues of low moral troops.

I started playing GTOS by taking over the AI control, but now just let them do their own thing under AI control. With AI control of allies, in my observation, the AI will attack, make moves, etc over the course of the campaign. The move that the AI allies make, may not be related to your operational goals, though. Under a perspective that your allies are allies, not subordinates, with their own operational goals it plays as well, and as bad, as the AI opposing forces.

What I find most annoying, with AI control of allies, is if a tactical battle resolves to only AI opponents you have to take control of your allies directly for that tactical battle. It does not self resolve.

regards,
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: