Graviteam
March 28, 2024, 12:59:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Some hot potato's for tanks... Ok its a small WIP mod...  (Read 17557 times)
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« on: April 22, 2016, 03:37:11 PM »

A fist full of anti tank hand grenades mini itty bitty mod. 

This thing is a work in progress.  Not even mildly happy with the format of config work as Mius seems more picky on this and did not like the way I put the 1st go together.  Any rate, this thing will be getting some updates and hopefully a couple new custom anti tank weapons before to long.  As of now, it simply gives a few anti tank grenades to line infantry.  Muis front has a way to give line units these weapons, but infantry do not always get any. This gives a hand  full to infantry squads even if games criteria of handing out anti tank grenades is not met.  So far just covers the units in base campaigns, will get to them all and tweak as needed.  Right now for some reason Red Army troops are getting more than I gave them.  But eh, its still less than they get when the game hands out anti tank grenades.  1 - 3 infantry in line squads will get something to throw at tanks.  but before you start charging tanks with infantry, look at the ammo they have and keep in mind, its not much.  Last ditch sort of thing when tanks are running over your infantry trenches as you did not have time to get them out of that mess before it happened.

This also gives bigger things to German anti tank teams.  Still no where near as good as pioneers, but better than 3 7 stick hand grenades like default.   

https://www.mediafire.com/?6rr31j5hkh75hpk

Use game updater to install.  If any issues or suggestions let me know!

Yabba dabba do
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2016, 02:12:10 PM »

Found small issue in this. 

Alt select of squad no longer seems to grab machine gunner.  It looks like it grabs my guys with anti tank grenades.  Need to look into this one.  I suspect game just grabs last couple soldiers in the squad roster of the pool file.  Which of course is where I stuck the guys with anti tank grenades.  need to explore this one more. 

While not a BAD "feature", not intended.  Will get a fix out soon to correct this.   In mean time, real easy to select a couple joe's with weapons easy to kill tanks right? 

Yabba dabba do
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2016, 03:33:16 PM »

Ironic... first tank killed do to this mod was mine.  And not intended. With out the mod, this ai enemy platoon would only have has frags.  Just bad luck that this tank got to close to one of the 2 soldiers in the squad with an anti tank throw-able weapon.   Still funny to me.  I made mod to give player an edge and first thing killed with it is my tank. 

Yabba dabba do
kapulA
Oberst

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2016, 04:26:14 PM »

Alas, poor Panzy II burning bright... Facepalm
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2016, 03:05:55 AM »

Hopefully before to long I have an update for this.  Coming soon....hopefully.... Tellermine 42 Frisbee's. 

Also this is AGA's fault.  Probably a year after should have done this. 

Yabba dabba do
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2016, 05:13:53 AM »

What is AGA?

Bring back 3D markers!
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2016, 06:33:14 AM »

FB_AGA, a forum member here. 

Yabba dabba do
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2016, 10:50:45 PM »

WIP shot of tellermine 42.  yes it looks like crap right now.   Tongue  It will not hurt your face in a little bit.  In fact making this post trying to not work on it for a second. 

Yabba dabba do
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2016, 11:13:21 PM »

Why did I post that other pic when this was only 5 minutes older.  SIGH.

Ok fix some stuff, N step up for german grey color too, and weather the crap out of it.  OK DOKY... really trying to make this take longer.  

More colors for combat Frisbee.   

I really have no idea what colors these came in back in the day.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 11:49:20 PM by Flashburn » Logged

Yabba dabba do
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2016, 12:16:40 AM »

good enough for now.  Lets if I can get this thing into Mius engine right.

BTW, going for out of the packing crate for a day or two look.  After staring at many pictures of these things all rusted up to hell, makes no sense to do that.  It would been out of a wood or stamped metal case for a matter of hours or days.  Unless dug up after having been in a mine field.  Ponders...  

Might add in more triangles.  Looks sort UGH like this, but will be a its biggest 2x smaller in game getting thrown at things so might be ok. 
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 12:22:48 AM by Flashburn » Logged

Yabba dabba do
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2016, 06:41:17 AM »

I really think most folks can not throw a 20 pound mine that high.   But I got the bugger into the game.  This is pretty much like GTOS for simple things like this guy. 

But probably a while before I get the weird out. 

Yabba dabba do
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2016, 04:27:02 PM »

Pretty cool Flashburn.  It's just what the infantry needed.  The Teller mine needed to be run over by a tank to explode right?  It was not like a grenade or thrown shaped charge I believe.

Bring back 3D markers!
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2016, 05:23:57 PM »

Pretty cool Flashburn.  It's just what the infantry needed.  The Teller mine needed to be run over by a tank to explode right?  It was not like a grenade or thrown shaped charge I believe.

It is of course primarily a mine.  But it had a timed delay pull fuse on its side to allow it to be used as an ad hoc explosive device.  And was sometimes used as such.  This is what this is modeling.  Using the mine as an emergency anti tank weapon using its secondary delayed detonation pull fuse.  It is in effect, a really stupid satchel charge for purpose of the game. 

Yabba dabba do
FB_AGA
Oberst

« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2016, 06:52:53 PM »

What The Fault?  Grin

PS. TMi-42 is amazing!
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2016, 10:06:52 AM »

What The Fault?  Grin

PS. TMi-42 is amazing!

its a bit "weird" in game.  Hope to get the more strange aspects out of config but proving that my old cheat sheet from SABOW days on what config does for shells is hmmm, lacking on this one.  

On a side note my 3dsmax might be kaput soon.  So modeling stuff might be done for awhile and maybe forever.  Unless I can come up with a way to pay the "man" for subscription.  Probably be working like mad to complete some old stuff like crazy in coming weeks.  SU-2 most likely as does not need much to finish.  Like only LOD's, rigged for game close to done. I was waiting for Mius and well, its here right?  To bad does not fit time frame.  BTW, I am not taking this well.   Although been erratic past couple years on  making junk, once something sort of gets removed you sort of go crap!  Why was I not making more stuff!  Well life is the answer.  I hope to get to flak 18.  But needs much more work. My plans and making all the bits for it like trailer and sdkfz 8 are certainly not possible in the current boat I am in.  And this sucks! 

I don't know why I wrote all that.  Guess I am tired.   
« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 10:22:06 AM by Flashburn » Logged

Yabba dabba do
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2016, 10:37:18 AM »

Oh forgot... FB_AGA... any other anti tank grenade type I should do while I can still do it?  I know of that German panzer dart thing.  But want to do something for Red Army.  Only thing I know of is RPG 43.  Anything I am missing there? 

Yabba dabba do
FB_AGA
Oberst

« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2016, 05:24:47 PM »

Oh forgot... FB_AGA... any other anti tank grenade type I should do while I can still do it?  I know of that German panzer dart thing.  But want to do something for Red Army.  Only thing I know of is RPG 43.  Anything I am missing there? 

Flashburn, it is very sad to hear your issues with the programm  Sad Hope, everything will be fine.

Regarding weird trajectory of the TMi, hope to see mod tools or configs from Andrey soon, I am sure the throw distance can be corrected easily. And regarding grenades, well, there could be RPG-41 or RPG-41VK, but these were not used in 1943 and in general were not that common. On the other hand, RPG-43 was not common in time of Mius or any other planned DLC ... anyway, In my opinion, FLAK 88 and SU-2 are much more important for the game. Especially the first, as in the current Mius campaigns Germans should have FLAKs 88 (and lots of PAK43/41s, but it is another story).
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2016, 03:14:33 AM »

I gifted the mine to Gravi.  Hopefully we see it in game soon.  I am bored right now and putting off actual work, hence this post.  LOL. 

Yabba dabba do
fireship4
Hauptmann

« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2016, 04:05:05 PM »

Wow Flashburn, nice work.
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2016, 07:29:44 PM »

Yes, it's a beautiful model.  That would be cool if it appeared in the game.

Bring back 3D markers!
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: