Graviteam
March 29, 2024, 07:10:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BUG: Smoke trails on some tracer ammunition remains even if disabled  (Read 1889 times)
fireship4
Hauptmann

« on: May 03, 2016, 07:40:12 PM »

MG42 seems to switch ammunition when responding to an area-fire/command fire order.  In the picture below you can see the tracer colour is green instead of the normal yellow.  I had tracer smoke disabled at the time this picture was taken, however it remains with the alternate ammunition (not when the weapon is firing with red tracer).

If this is intentional, ie this tracer is known to have created a lot of smoke, please disregard.  However it seems more likely that this is a bug, and that the desired effect is that when the setting is on all tracers produce smoke and when it is off none do. 

It might be nice to have it set so that whichever ammunition show the amount of smoke it did historically, and to my eyes it seems a bit much when the setting is on.  This I understand would be low priority.

I also remember reading that the Germans used flashless powder, at least in the western front at some point, making them hard to spot at night, but do not have a source to hand.

« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 07:43:30 PM by fireship4 » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: