Graviteam
March 28, 2024, 09:44:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Just noticed this after the recent update?  (Read 3877 times)
godream
Leutnant

« on: March 13, 2017, 07:15:59 PM »

I swear this was not here before on the quick battle menu...

Is this a sign of multiplayer being added soon? or is it already integrated?

My brother and I used Tunngle to simulate a LAN connection and used the virtual IPs and our own ports determined in the ingame settings to host a quick battle and attempt to play together and it seems to work up until this point:

it stalled and gave us the Red "LAN" or multi-computer connection icon instead of the earlier blue one on both the server pc and the client PC...has this been present in the game for a long time and I'm just realizing it now? or is it the barebones of the Multiplayer system being implemented?!!?!

Sorry for my excitement, I can't wait to play some MP in Mius Front  with my brother hehe
waypoint
Major

« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2017, 01:28:48 AM »

It was there from the start. I noticed those buttons the day this game got released.
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2017, 05:25:00 AM »

This seems a tad different than just the interface.  Folks are now able to see clients.  Some screen on steam that was posted had a client on with some 500 plus ping.  Meaning that 2 Mius front players where seeing each other across the planet.  That does not mean the thing works.  But it does mean something happened there.

Been poking about checking myself.  Put no one else has stuck a game up waiting for clients to see when I have.  I certainly do not think its working, but something is going on. 

Yabba dabba do
waypoint
Major

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2017, 09:36:39 AM »

Meaning that 2 Mius front players where seeing each other across the planet.  That does not mean the thing works.  But it does mean something happened there. 

That is exactly how it was on March 5th 2016, on the day this game got released on Steam. A client could connect to server and when you tried to launch the game there was a countdown and a popup message about multiplayer not yet being ready. Below is a screenshot from this topic http://graviteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=12157.0

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: