I'm giving up, getting them to fire is like trying to pee against the wind. It will works sometimes for short duration, other times it won't.
Please can this be either fixed or if it's operators stupidity (mine) can someone post a video how to make these work 100% all the time?
1) observer (preferably on a hill with a good view)
2) communication with the commanders of firing squads
3) for mortars which will keep targeting should be enabled the AI control
What can prevent the shooting:
1) obstacles and screening (even bushes) - the next update will not be so strict checks
2) inability to build a path (for example, if the mortar / cannon stands on an inclined plane)
3) selected shots which are not exists (depending on the conceal mode - bottom right on the order's panel)
4) target - single and unimportant (alone soldier at far distance)
5) target - is moving rapidly (weapons whose projectile flies a long time, such as mortars will not fire on fast-moving targets frequently).
6) distance to target too far or too near (ie 82 mm mortars have a 300-6000m range)
4,5,6 work together