Graviteam
March 28, 2024, 06:42:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Game forces me to accept cease fire  (Read 6385 times)
ppitm
Oberleutnant

« on: August 10, 2016, 12:34:16 AM »

I am in the first turn of the Stepanovka campaign, and am right on the cusp of an incredibly hard-fought victory. Destroying 9 dug-in Stug IIIs is no mean feat.

However, in my current save the AI keeps offering a cease fire, and the game forces me to accept it! The battle ends 30 seconds later, resulting in a disaster where I don't have enough time to take control of these crucial 2km grid squares.

The battle length is 3 hours, and I haven't even played for half that. Why is this happening, and how can I stop the game from cheating me of all my progress? An offensive is impossible if the defender gets to decide when the fighting stops.

Please help, so I can continue playing this great game.
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2016, 01:42:55 AM »

It should never ever force you to accept a cease fire.  Only way is to accept by clicking on the yellow flag that pops up.  Well only way I know of. 

Yabba dabba do
Krabb
Administrator
Generaloberst

Chekist with a Mauser

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2016, 07:38:09 AM »

Do you still have that save? If so, could you upload your player profile (from "users/profiles" folder) somewhere, please. And, if possible, try making a tactical save near this trouble point or right when the timer appears.

"Please adopt a good faith attitude, Andrey. After 2+ years it's about time you did."
"It is simply not necessary, it makes no sense"
ppitm
Oberleutnant

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2016, 11:38:19 AM »

Do you still have that save? If so, could you upload your player profile (from "users/profiles" folder) somewhere, please. And, if possible, try making a tactical save near this trouble point or right when the timer appears.

That would be fantastic if you could take a look at it.

I am uploading the files to Google Drive right now. The tactical save is huge, so I will post again when it is available.

When the load the save, the cease fire should occur within 5 minutes, without any other action taken.

Thanks!
ppitm
Oberleutnant

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2016, 02:24:24 PM »

Here are the files: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B-pwrC9JR7ahcVp3akVoOTFXS1E&usp=sharing
Krabb
Administrator
Generaloberst

Chekist with a Mauser

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2016, 04:10:52 PM »

Thanks, but I forgot that tactical saves are of no use on other computers... Anyway, could you use your save to repeat the AI cease fire? Then make a screenshot when the timer appears (or just the event if no timer), and then, after the battle, without exiting the statistics screen upload out/common_engine.log, please.

"Please adopt a good faith attitude, Andrey. After 2+ years it's about time you did."
ppitm
Oberleutnant

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2016, 08:38:39 PM »

Thanks, but I forgot that tactical saves are of no use on other computers... Anyway, could you use your save to repeat the AI cease fire? Then make a screenshot when the timer appears (or just the event if no timer), and then, after the battle, without exiting the statistics screen upload out/common_engine.log, please.

I just noticed something unusual: The enemy has ALREADY offered a ceasefire once before. In this save file they offer a SECOND ceasefire, and I am forced to accept.
http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/263844100820137882/589EECBE59BB7FCE731F5C95DBE672FA00E469F4/
http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/263844100820138223/F12CC36B7944BDE96A99B2CBE37DA8232668FF18/
Notice the two different timestamps on the ceasefire. These are in the same mission. I scrolled down to find the older one.

Here is the Common_Engine log while the ceasefire timer is active: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-pwrC9JR7ahQS1uQnVYcjhIbGs
I don't think the log file was edited by the ceasefire event, though.

Here is the Common_Engine log during the statistics screen: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-pwrC9JR7ahUWhjbTkweGtYR0E

WARNING:  [i_trigman:trigman] Side GER try end game!
WARNING:  [i_trigman:trigman] Set count down 30.000!
WARNING:  [i_trigman:trigman] Count down reason: all sides want truce

I don't want a truce...
Does this game even have an Offer Truce button anymore?

« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 08:46:23 PM by ppitm » Logged
ppitm
Oberleutnant

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2016, 11:34:43 PM »

Is there any way to fix a save, or am I just documenting the issue for posterity?

Someone else has reproduced the issue here: http://steamcommunity.com/app/312980/discussions/0/353916184354021800/

Confirmation that it is new to the DLC patch, and occurs only after loading a savegame with an existing ceasefire.
Krabb
Administrator
Generaloberst

Chekist with a Mauser

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2016, 10:07:31 AM »

Thanks, the bug has been fixed. Try it in the next update.

ppitm
Oberleutnant

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2016, 01:11:03 PM »

Awesome!
wodin
Generalleutnant

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2016, 12:21:27 PM »

No we can no longer offer a ceasefire..which is annoying. Unless the AI only ever accepted in OS because he was going to offer one anyway. So there wasn't some sort of probability chance of persuading the AI to except..

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: