Graviteam
March 29, 2024, 02:25:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Smoke grenades have been changed?  (Read 2375 times)
Juswick
Oberleutnant

« on: August 11, 2016, 01:50:39 AM »

I used to really like the smoke grenades use and effect. Some of the attacking soldiers would pop smoke and the wind would blow it sideways depending on the wind direction. Which was interesting tactical consideration... cross wind was advantageous on attacking with smoke.

I just played a battle and was attacked by the AI with a large infantry group of about a company I guess. Almost every second man seemed to pop a smoke grenade. But the wind didn't blow the smoke. The smoke was a little round ball like a cotton wool. There was fifty round cotton wool smoke clouds instead of half a dozen smoke clouds blown by the wind like they used to be.

It just looked silly and lagged my game Sad

The smoke was brilliant before .Why are the devs "fixing" things that weren't broken?

The wind direction is not important anymore. So less realism.  It looks dumb. It looked great before.

Is this happening for everyone?
what the hell were they thinking? 
Juswick
Oberleutnant

« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2016, 02:06:32 AM »

I just checked the battle I played was the first battle of the german campaign and it is windless. Zero m/s wind. My fault. I assume the wind still affects smoke when there is wind.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: