Graviteam
March 28, 2024, 06:09:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: re: shield of the prophet, as Iranian side  (Read 6069 times)
davidx
Hauptmann

« on: August 24, 2016, 06:52:59 PM »

Hello,

The Iranian chieftain tanks are virtually unresponsive with respect to movement.  The tank hull rotation speed is incredibly slow, they get stuck on the smallest upward slope. The M113s maneuver as may be expected.

I have restarted the campaigned, cleaned out the save directory, etc.
I have played the campaign as the soviets and all appeared well.

regards,

« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 11:29:39 PM by davidx » Logged
davidx
Hauptmann

« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2016, 11:29:19 PM »

Hello,

Looked for some videos to see if it was just me, but only found a few videos dealing with "shield of the prophet". Those that I found only played as the soviet side.

regards,
33lima
Oberst

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2016, 03:22:42 PM »

I have just got the excellent GT:OS bundle at Bundlestars and I am seeing the same thing.

I am a fan of Chieftain so I set up several quick battles with a small company group of Chieftains and M113s (playing FV432s), against a dug-in Red infantry platoon. I tried several different maps, and it was great so see, almost like being able to play BAOR -v- WARPAC.

But...the Chieftains are totally unresponsive to Move or Attack orders. The APCs are fine, but the Chieftains will not move, except that they may creep forward a few yards then stop completely.

I tried this on several different maps, with the same result. Changing the friendly skill level from Normal to Veteran makes no difference.

I replaced the Chieftains with M60A1s and they DO respond to orders, in exactly the same quick battle where the Chieftains would not move.

There's something wrong here.

« Last Edit: November 12, 2016, 03:24:20 PM by 33lima » Logged

For it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "Chuck him out, the brute!"
But it's "Saviour of his country!" when the guns begin to shoot!
'Tommy', Rudyard Kipling, 1892
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: