Graviteam
March 28, 2024, 01:25:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New to Steel Fury, with some questions pls.  (Read 16396 times)
Red2112
Oberleutnant

« on: August 25, 2016, 08:32:35 AM »

Greetings everyone!

New around here and to SF. I enjoy tanks sims so couldn´t be without Steel Fury, I also have Steel Armour which was the first one I bought from Graviteam. I bought SF yesterday over at Gamesgate but I have a few questions...

- Should I update with the unofficial 1.01 update? Where do you look for to check what version you have installed?

- Allthough it seems to work well on my i5 W7/64x PC, I do get the top and bottom part of the screen cut-off (hard to read the tutos). No desktop res active or video restrictions set.  I did try the zipped wide screen fix   file but no joy.

SF is installed on a seperate drive (my D: drive).

Thank you.

Regards,

Red
33lima
Oberst

« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2016, 01:19:58 PM »

Hi Red

Follow the instructions in the links here...

http://graviteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=12409.0

...which will give you the latest mod, which does not need that unofficial patch. This also provides the link to the the widescreen fix, which should deal with the problem of top and bottom of the screen being cut off.

The STA mod is the current 'must have' add-on for SF, IMHO.

For it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "Chuck him out, the brute!"
But it's "Saviour of his country!" when the guns begin to shoot!
'Tommy', Rudyard Kipling, 1892
Red2112
Oberleutnant

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2016, 03:09:07 PM »

Thank you 33lima for your help. 

Looks good but I don´t want to creat a account on 4shared.

Regards,

Red
33lima
Oberst

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2016, 03:54:20 PM »

You can d/l from 4Shared, without creating an account there, by opting when prompted to d/l via a Facebook, Twitter or Google+ account. I use FB; if that has any negative consequences, they're not ones I've so far noticed! The only tricky part is remembering which download button to click on, which is illustrated here, under 'How to download from 4Shared': http://stasf2008.ephpbb.com/t6-steel-tank-add-on-steel-fury-1-2

The alternative is the older NTA or SPM mods, if you can find them  - the former unlikely, the latter can be found...on 4Shared! http://graviteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=11026.0

I used to have a separate install for SPM but zapped it as I found STA was generally or entirely better.

Red2112
Oberleutnant

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2016, 06:24:23 PM »

Iam fine, just created a account.

But still a bit confused...

So is the STA mod those 3 files? (GMP1.x, GMP2.x and GMP3.x) I would think these are mission mods correct?

Or do I need STA 1.0 also?  Facepalm

Thank you 33lima!
Red2112
Oberleutnant

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2016, 09:16:07 PM »

You can d/l from 4Shared, without creating an account there, by opting when prompted to d/l via a Facebook, Twitter or Google+ account. I use FB; if that has any negative consequences, they're not ones I've so far noticed! The only tricky part is remembering which download button to click on, which is illustrated here, under 'How to download from 4Shared': http://stasf2008.ephpbb.com/t6-steel-tank-add-on-steel-fury-1-2

The alternative is the older NTA or SPM mods, if you can find them  - the former unlikely, the latter can be found...on 4Shared! http://graviteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=11026.0

I used to have a separate install for SPM but zapped it as I found STA was generally or entirely better.

I think I have it sorted out, except the screen issue...

This is how it looks:

The screen is still cut on both top and bottom.

I don´t see anything that say´s STA or alike on any splash screen so I really don´t know if it´s all working.

Thanks for your help 33lima!

Care,

Red
« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 10:07:30 PM by Red2112 » Logged
33lima
Oberst

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2016, 11:42:50 PM »

Glad you took the plunge and are nearly there! The Game Mission Packs (GMP 1.x, 2.x and 3.x) are not the STA mod, they're mission packs which add the missions that give you something to do with the extra tanks and other vehicles that come with the STA mod. They won't work right or at all, without the STA mod. The latter is STA 1.x - STA 1.2 being the latest. STA 2.0 is pretty similar but not on general release and work on it is now 'parked' pending work on STA 3.0.

I would check the install order and component list here:

http://stasf2008.ephpbb.com/t6-steel-tank-add-on-steel-fury-1-2

Expand the box under 'Installation order' that is headed 'ONLY FOR ENGLISH VERSION' and use the links you can only see when that's done, to d/l the listed components.

Then install them in exactly the order listed in the JSGME screenshot (BUT also enable the 1.2 fix in the order given in the list immediately below the JSGME screenshot, which update looks like it was added after the screenshot was taken). As usual, the links only work, and the screenshot can only be viewed full size, when you are logged in to the STA forums.

I don't know why the SSM sound mod isn't in the above list or screenshot. I think if you want to use it, it must be enabled FIRST. Which you have done...but...

The problems I see in your JSGME screen are (i) you are using STA 1.0, when STA 1.2 is the latest version on general release and (ii) you have loaded one of the 'game mission packs' (GMP 1.47) immediately after the SSM sound mod - the GMPs are one of the things you enable last, like the 'weather mods', and certainly not before the main sTA mod.  Neither of those problems might be significant, but you might as well have the latest, STA 1.2. I think the widescreen monitor fix might be built into STA 1.2. If all else fails, there is a file that can be edited in Wordpad.

I can't recall if STA 1.0 or 1.2 has any distinctive markings on screen but you will know they are installed mainly by being able to see and play the many GMP missions that are added in, once you have installed those extra mission packs on top of the STA mod.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 11:52:21 PM by 33lima » Logged

Red2112
Oberleutnant

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2016, 10:38:48 AM »

Hi 33lima!

Yeah I took the pludge alright but the seaweed dosent let me see a thing  Grin

Thanks 33lima!

I don´t think it´s working for me yet...

I got the first order of mods from someones JSGME screen-shot, I think it was over at the sound mod SSM. Either way I changend the order as you can see bleow...

As you can see I added the update but still things don´t look to right.  As you can see above, there are duplicates of all the mods in the main root folder, I don´t know why that happend.

This is my mod folder...

Somethings wrong  Roll Eyes

I would be glad to install the STA 1.2 version if I could find it. Like I said, navigating for SF mods is like swiming in seaweed  Grin

Seriously, I do like alot what I see without the mod, so Iam determiend to get this working some how and appreciate you´r help 33lima.  If it looks good now my guess is that once the mods are working I´ll be in Panzer heaven!

Care,

Red

PD.: Found it! Ok be back with better news I hope.  Wasent sure what you meant by expand what?  Facepalm  Download of STA 1.2 is so ever slow...
« Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 12:16:44 PM by Red2112 » Logged
Red2112
Oberleutnant

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2016, 07:16:54 PM »

Glad you took the plunge and are nearly there! The Game Mission Packs (GMP 1.x, 2.x and 3.x) are not the STA mod, they're mission packs which add the missions that give you something to do with the extra tanks and other vehicles that come with the STA mod. They won't work right or at all, without the STA mod. The latter is STA 1.x - STA 1.2 being the latest. STA 2.0 is pretty similar but not on general release and work on it is now 'parked' pending work on STA 3.0.

I would check the install order and component list here:

http://stasf2008.ephpbb.com/t6-steel-tank-add-on-steel-fury-1-2

Expand the box under 'Installation order' that is headed 'ONLY FOR ENGLISH VERSION' and use the links you can only see when that's done, to d/l the listed components.

Then install them in exactly the order listed in the JSGME screenshot (BUT also enable the 1.2 fix in the order given in the list immediately below the JSGME screenshot, which update looks like it was added after the screenshot was taken). As usual, the links only work, and the screenshot can only be viewed full size, when you are logged in to the STA forums.

I don't know why the SSM sound mod isn't in the above list or screenshot. I think if you want to use it, it must be enabled FIRST. Which you have done...but...

The problems I see in your JSGME screen are (i) you are using STA 1.0, when STA 1.2 is the latest version on general release and (ii) you have loaded one of the 'game mission packs' (GMP 1.47) immediately after the SSM sound mod - the GMPs are one of the things you enable last, like the 'weather mods', and certainly not before the main sTA mod.  Neither of those problems might be significant, but you might as well have the latest, STA 1.2. I think the widescreen monitor fix might be built into STA 1.2. If all else fails, there is a file that can be edited in Wordpad.

I can't recall if STA 1.0 or 1.2 has any distinctive markings on screen but you will know they are installed mainly by being able to see and play the many GMP missions that are added in, once you have installed those extra mission packs on top of the STA mod.

Ok almost there  Facepalm

First, as stated on other post, I had duplicate files of the mod. Rar. files add a second file to the uncompresion so I figured that out (yeah I forgot zipped files do that).  I also downloaded STA 1.2 english version as you said, I also ran the patcher on the "start" app, but ran into a problem when trying to activate STA_GMP_1.47.  So I thought It was due because I downloaded the "for all version" the first time.  I downloaded a second version (english version) but I get the same error, see below...

So I canceled the activation of the STA_GMP_1.47 and just activated the STA_june2016 fix.  The only things active now are STA 1.2 and the June 2016 fix, the results are below...

Now when I run SF I see this splash screen  Smiley

Screen is no longer cropt top and bottom, but when I try a mission the quality is very poor as you can see below...

I tried to match some of the settings from nVidia Inspector pic on the forum, to my nVidia control panel adding it´s own program file, but that didn´t seem to do any better.

I havent dowloaded the GMP_2x, or GMP_3x (english version) yet as I ran out of free time on 4shared, will try tomorrow.

No Idea why it look´s so sawtooth and degraded while in game.

Thanks again 33lima and sorry for me being so hard-headed, must be the summer heat!  Grin

Regards,

Red

« Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 07:24:09 PM by Red2112 » Logged
33lima
Oberst

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2016, 09:09:36 PM »

No worries Red, we have all been there, many of us more than once!

That warning about over-writing files, ignore it (provided you are sure you have got the install/enabling order correct, and aren't enabling out of correct sequence). It is unsettling, but not unusual that one element amends files in a previous one. This is especially noticeable, when enabling the 'weather' mods (usually last).

All three GMPs are really essential as these add dozens of extra missions that feature the additional playable vehicles.

The low screen resolution is a common issue. There is some advice from myself and others here:

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4035435/all/Steel_Fury_Kharkov_1942_graphi

I see that I said "in the main 'game options' screen, have you got 'Use Desktop Resolution' and 'No video mode restrictions' both checked? Seems like you may be stuck in a low resolution and IIRC, ticking one or both of these, was what fixed it for me."

Another tip - do not apply antialiasing in the graphics driver - this totally corrupts textures in game. Instead, as you've an Nvidia card, install NvidiaInspector, create  a profile for Steel Fury (use the right program, see the instructions) and apply that tweak, again as described. This will enable antialiasing and you can set it in the same profile in NvidiaInspector.

Red2112
Oberleutnant

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2016, 01:13:26 PM »

Hi 33lima!

Good news! Grin

All looks and works well so far. I don´t like to use this word but yeah, awesome!  Cool

Installed a fresh set of GMP 1,2 and 3 english version packs (all over-writed original STA 1.2), and the June2016 fix after that and all went well.  Regarding the screen quality, I check both boxses as advise and I looks alot better now.  I also tried "frinik22" nVidia settings from the post you attached, but looking at the post I saw I had something wrong, I created a nVidia profile but with the "start".exe when as stated by you I should use the "shell".exe so all fixed and working!

Smiley Smiley Smiley

Very glad you helped me out 33lima and very glad I bought SF and found a hard working comunity behind it!  Great bunch you are, specialy you!

Thank you very much for your help and patience 33lima!

Now off to shoot something  Grin

Best regards,

Red
33lima
Oberst

« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2016, 03:34:33 PM »

Thanks Red and delighted that you are up and running!

I would definitely recommend using a weather mod (but use the sets adapted for STA, they are linked on the forums)- I tend to use 'scorching summer' by default, as a replacement for the stock terrain textures...

...but the desert, winter and autumn 'weather' mods are also very desirable, for playing appropriate missions...

Anyway, good hunting!

Red2112
Oberleutnant

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2016, 05:00:09 PM »

Thank you 33lima!

Downloaded!

Nice pics and tanks!  Smiley

Again, thanks 33lima, and a BIG tanx to the STA Team on my behalf too!

I´ll keep an eye around from now on.

Care,

Red
martin
Leutnant

« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2017, 07:22:12 PM »

hi iam from Austria.i Need up Dates for steel fury karkovh42 english pc\DVD
 blease send to me laurarheiner6@gmail.com
i have t34 tanks ang panzer3 but the last have no target cross in the avionic.
thx Martin
Otto carrius kurt knispel  and anyone diverend games i need
Krabb
Administrator
Generaloberst

Chekist with a Mauser

« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2017, 09:48:08 PM »

Hi Martin,

I think you are asking about the unofficial patch? Here's the link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/viad2yqjcq2l628/Unofficial_patch_SF_v0.1_eng.exe. Check the sticky threads if you need widescreen or other mods.

P.S. I recommend deleting the email address from your post to keep it away from bots and guests.

"Please adopt a good faith attitude, Andrey. After 2+ years it's about time you did."
"It is simply not necessary, it makes no sense"
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: