Graviteam
April 20, 2024, 05:50:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mouse problem  (Read 4966 times)
fabianfred
Oberstleutnant

« on: August 29, 2016, 10:48:08 AM »

In Windows my mouse is fine, but in the game when I use it to elevate and depress the gun as a gunner it has a mind of its own and is very difficult to control.
Anyone lese had this problem... and fixed it?
Could it be lag caused by a heavy mission?
« Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 10:49:59 AM by fabianfred » Logged
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2016, 03:00:36 PM »

Make sure you have no other device, such as a joystick, rudder pedals, throttles, gaming pads, etc connected.  They may be sending an unwanted signal.

Bring back 3D markers!
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2016, 03:30:18 PM »

Check the in game menu under difficulty if you have the simple gun and turret boxes checked.if not the control of the gun up and down and sideways becomes " realistic" I.e stiffer and more unwieldy.

If it only happens when playing one particular model of tanks then it could be an error in the matlib or tech_cfg.try disenabling and re-ensbling the latest update file in the jsgme.
33lima
Oberst

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2016, 05:52:36 PM »

I think frinik's right. With realistic control active, if you move the mouse and there is any diagonal component (and it's hard to avoid one) then I find the sight moves across horizontally, THEN up or down verticially. Is that what you are seeing? It is not like moving a normal cursor.

I tend to use the arrow keys for coarse movements, as I find it a pain to drag the mouse, lift it back across, and drag it again. I use the mouse only for final, fine adjustment of my aim.

Alternative is probably to turn on simple control. I preferred the joytsick control in Panzer Elite, in SF IIRC the joystick controls vehicle movement, which of course is fine for planes but I don't find it so good for tanks so have never used the stick in SF.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 01:27:54 PM by 33lima » Logged

For it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "Chuck him out, the brute!"
But it's "Saviour of his country!" when the guns begin to shoot!
'Tommy', Rudyard Kipling, 1892
fabianfred
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2016, 10:33:48 AM »

I had simple controls ticked... but the Mouse sensitivity slider was way down so i put it to near max and everything is fine.
Thanks again guys
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: