Graviteam
April 24, 2024, 12:31:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Gunner not engaging acquired target.  (Read 4329 times)
rangerman
Oberleutnant

« on: August 29, 2016, 01:55:09 PM »

This is likely a fault on my part but when playing as the commander on the M60 and have already acquired a target, allowed the gunner to 'Fire at Will', a round is loaded and all is fine and dandy; the gunner may (but not always) rotate the turret to the target and just aim at it but not shoot. Some times he'll not react at all to my calling out of the target. What's going on here?  Facepalm
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2016, 02:59:06 PM »

I've noticed the same thing from time to time and have always been puzzled by it.  I usually get frustrated and jump into the gunner's seat.

Bring back 3D markers!
Krabb
Administrator
Generaloberst

Chekist with a Mauser

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2016, 04:01:27 PM »

Welcome to forum!

Usually it's because AI gunner can't see the target, this will be indicated by a red triangle instead of blue on the marked button here:

Make a screenshot when something strange happens, please. One of the causes could be a difference between visual and physical models, so you as a player could see people in trenches, but AI couldn't, and, vice versa, you couldn't see through some bushes, but AI can (but this case is more often than not is AI remembering he saw a target and estimating where it could be).

"Please adopt a good faith attitude, Andrey. After 2+ years it's about time you did."
"It is simply not necessary, it makes no sense"
rangerman
Oberleutnant

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2016, 05:01:44 PM »

Oh okay! Thanks a lot i'll look out for the red triangle next time this situation comes up.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: