Graviteam
April 19, 2024, 04:31:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 7.62 mm vs truck  (Read 4282 times)
blazingPanzer
Oberleutnant

« on: September 14, 2016, 01:45:04 AM »

I have noticed that the 7.62 mm MGs struggle to penetrate and damage trucks.  Firing from about 300 m at one with the M60's coax very few of the rounds even registered as penetrating the vehicle, including the unarmoured windscreen of the truck and radiator grill.  Even from 150 m many rounds simply bouned off the glass windscreen, and I was unable to kill the driver when firing a full box of ammunition straight at him through the windscreen.  I find this rather unusual as these vehicles (GAZ 66) are completely unarmoured; furthermore I can easily penetrate and kill crew members of light APCs like the m113 and btr (which actually posess armour protection) with the 7.62 mm from about 150 or less.  This makes me think the inability of such caliber weapons to penetrate unarmoured glass and similar materials in the game could be a bug or oversight of some kind.  Thoughts?
waypoint
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2016, 02:10:18 PM »

Yep, I am getting similar results.

As you can see, at 250m it is possible to kill the guy sitting beside the driver, however neither the driver or the engine get damaged. And already at 500 meters there is no penetration whatsoever. I hope this is some kind of bug.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: