Graviteam
March 29, 2024, 01:10:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: HELP PLEASE!!!  (Read 6100 times)
dokken1212
Leutnant

« on: December 30, 2016, 12:35:20 PM »

Hi everyone,

I am new to Steel Fury and am currently updating it with mods etc to give it an overhaul. I haver done a lot of research online to try and work out what to do etc.

I have the mods working in this order - SSM 2.3, STA 1.0 full, SepUpd_2015, STA 1.47, STA 2.37 & STA 3.32. When the game starts it all goes as it should with different splash screen etc.

My issue is that the graphics are mega 'blocky' and it looks terrible, not like the lovely Youtube graphics. I am guessing this is to do with memory and the 4GB patch? I have the patch downloaded but am unsure of what to patch. I am of course assuming this is the issue as in the options screen I am told my computer memory is not big enough which I assume the 4GB patch addresses. I am running an up to date powerful machine that should easily cope with the demands of the game. Any help would be HUGELY appreciated as I am desperate to get 'tanking'.

Thank you in advance for any help you can offer
All the best
James
h0nky542
Oberleutnant

« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2017, 12:56:35 PM »

I haven't got SF installed right now but
there are two files to be patched:
1. ...Steel Fury - Kharkov 1942\bin\rel\shell.exe
2. ...Steel Fury - Kharkov 1942\starter.exe

Lots of SF info over at spam link removed v. good fanbase source if you want help, current developments, mods etc

Krabb: Give something that actually answers the question next time.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2017, 03:32:37 PM by Krabb » Logged
Krabb
Administrator
Generaloberst

Chekist with a Mauser

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2017, 04:00:17 PM »

Hi, and welcome!

Try ticking both "Use desktop resolution" and "No video mode restrictions" in the game options. If this doesn't work, try unticking "Use desktop resolution" and set your resolution manually in the config (data\k42\loc_rus\config\config.engcfg):

//description and configuration of video card
i_render:render()
{
//resolution, frequency, mode
bb_wid = 1024;
bb_hei = 768;
bb_freq = 60;
}// end of i_render:render

If you have a widescreen monitor, try installing the widescreen fix (see the sticky faq).

"Please adopt a good faith attitude, Andrey. After 2+ years it's about time you did."
"It is simply not necessary, it makes no sense"
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: