Graviteam
March 29, 2024, 04:51:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Save before Exit not working?  (Read 5716 times)
minimi66
Major

« on: February 17, 2017, 05:36:34 PM »

Ok,

Almost at the point of uninstalling this game!

Twice in 24 hours i've lost 3-4 hours worth of deploying forces due to Save before Exit function not working as i assume it should.

Yesterday i spent 3 plus hours deploying forces in the German Stepanovka 43 campaign. Used the Save before Exit many times during this process to make sure i didn't lose my progress. You know in case something bad happened? Well something bad did happen! After fininshing deployment and entering Initial Orders Phase the game (starter64.exe) crashed/stopped responding.

So at first i though, no problem, just re-start the game and load my last save from end of Deployment Phase? Nope!! Doing that took me right back to the Operational Phase before Deployment so all deployment of 631 troops was lost?

So, after calming down i started again and did the Deployment once more (2 hours). And lo and behold it happened again!!!! Having used the Save before Exit function about every 5 minutes during Deployment Phase.

But no i am now back at Operational Phase again!

Save before Exit not working on my system.

WTF?

Had the game since release and never seen this before? Very very annoying!
oho
Oberleutnant

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2018, 10:25:42 PM »

I have the same problem, but I once could recommence in a running battle. But after exiting the game also this progress is lost.
Can somebody reply to this how we can save a running battle?
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2018, 11:25:14 PM »

I have the same problem, but I once could recommence in a running battle. But after exiting the game also this progress is lost.
Can somebody reply to this how we can save a running battle?

Make sure that autosave is enabled (in the main menu in combat - enabled by default).

When you exit, the game will be saved automatically. In the main menu in the game (at the bottom left) a download save button will appear (if you save in quick battle).
If you are saving in an operation - selecting an operation from the list will load the save.

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2018, 02:47:43 AM »

I don't find where to enable autosave.  Could you post a screen shot?

Bring back 3D markers!
chaudard
Generalmajor

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2018, 10:36:39 AM »

Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2018, 04:22:32 PM »

Thanks for that Chaudard.  I did have it green before. 

It works for saving a quick battle, exiting, and then continuing at a later time.  BUT even if I have it green but then get a game crash, nothing is saved, not even my previous save that would have allowed me to continue from that save point.  Very frustrating that all progress, including a legitimate, successful save is wiped out.

Bring back 3D markers!
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2018, 05:28:08 PM »

Make sure that autosave is enabled (in the main menu in combat - enabled by default).

When you exit, the game will be saved automatically. In the main menu in the game (at the bottom left) a download save button will appear (if you save in quick battle).
If you are saving in an operation - selecting an operation from the list will load the save.

Andrey:

1. With autosave enabled, will a save be made each time I exit from a quick battle?  In other words will the system update the save each time I exit a quick battle?

2. With autosave enabled, will a save be made if the game program crashes?

Bring back 3D markers!
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2018, 03:09:36 PM »

Andrey:

1. With autosave enabled, will a save be made each time I exit from a quick battle?  In other words will the system update the save each time I exit a quick battle?

Not addressed just to Andrey.  Anyone who has knowledge of this is welcomed to answer. Grin

Bring back 3D markers!
chaudard
Generalmajor

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2018, 09:18:39 AM »

Andrey:

Yes, the save is updated each time you exit a battle (quick or campaign), as long as the green "save" button is highlighted when you click "exit". (If the button is not highlighted, you can click the button to pass it green.)
Caution: only one saved game is active together. Each new saved game will overwrite the previous one.
Unfortunately no. It would be great if Andrey can add an autosave option, each 15 minutes for example.
Not addressed just to Andrey.  Anyone who has knowledge of this is welcomed to answer. Grin
Grin
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2018, 10:29:33 PM »

Thank you Chaudard.

Yes, a periodic autosave would be helpful for pc crashes and power outages. 

I noticed I had a game crash and my save (saved on exit) from a quick battle was wiped out.  I had saved it, then later reloaded to continue to play.  The game crashed and I discovered that the game save was not available to reload to continue.

Bring back 3D markers!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: