Graviteam
March 28, 2024, 10:30:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What is the best basic experience - do I need STA?  (Read 4401 times)
Rangoon
Oberleutnant

« on: March 07, 2017, 04:49:03 AM »

I read over and over that STA is a "must have" mod, however I'm not sure it's what I'm after. If I just want the basic experience with the campaign intended by the developers, do I just then need the unofficial patch? Or not even that?

I'm a big fan of all the Graviteam titles (at least SABOW, GTOS and Mius Front), so after watching a couple of let's play videos of the Shermans moving around through the countryside I must say there are still very few games/sims out there today that capture such an immersive experience. I assume that's the main vanilla campaign, but I have no idea what mods if any are in use.

If I just want to play that, in the best condition (fewest bugs, etc.) what do I need? Is the stock install from GamersGate perfect for this? Or do I need the whole STA to really make Steel Fury what it was meant to be? Something inbetween?

EDIT: I found a list of mods for that let's play, and he's definitely using STA. I'll start slogging through that process as soon as I can register at their forums.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 01:22:46 PM by Rangoon » Logged
Rangoon
Oberleutnant

« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2017, 02:29:48 AM »

Just an update here. I went ahead with STA 2.3 and all of the basic utilities/mission packs/mods that go along with it. So far so good, but haven't really had a chance to get very far yet. The process wasn't 100% straight-forward, but it wasn't too bad at all. The only thing I'm trying to sift through now is the widescreen fix. I'm using a 21:9 3440x1440 display. Sounds like good progress is being made on a 21:9 fix, so hopefully have it all squared way in the next month or two on that front.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: