Graviteam
April 19, 2024, 03:10:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New to Steel Fury  (Read 6492 times)
Belphe
Oberleutnant

« on: April 04, 2017, 12:27:17 PM »

Hi All,

I'm new Smiley I have only just discovered Steel Fury (youtube becoming my favorite search engine.. Wink ) but using a 4K (3860 x 2160) desktop resolution I am having massive issues to launch and run this sim. So far I ticked "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings" inside the compatibility tab of my desktop shortcut but even with this option selected I still get a portion of the screen cut away. Running the game on a GTX1080FTW with 8Gb VRAM also triggers an in-game message saying "your card has less than 128Mb of memory and may run badly...".

Since then I have obviously been reading and asking around and I know that most (if not all) of these issues can be resolved. The youtube videos surely look promising... Smiley So far I have the basic unmodified game as it installed straight from GamersGate. I would like to mod it with Steel Tank Addon but:
- do I need to patch the game to any particular version prior to doing that?
- will the resolution and monitor aspect (16:9) be fixed with STA installed or does it require a separate fix?
- is Steel Panzer Mod 2.0 better than STA?

I can probably do all the modding with no major issues as I have been using JSGME during my Silent Hunter 3 career Wink but I'd really appreciate if you could answer the questions above.

Thank you -
Belphe
Belphe
Oberleutnant

« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2017, 07:30:15 PM »

OK, I have downloaded the JSGME and installed the Unofficial Patch. I also applied the widescreen fix but due to my 4K resolution it didn't fix anything. The only way I can get the screen to look fairly normal is by changing my res down to 1920 x 1080 AND disabling "size of text, apps and other items" from 200% to 100% which I use when @4K. Even with that the top of the screen seems cut as I cannot read the first line of text during the training mission... :/

Also, I want to try the STA but the files seem to be only available through 4shared. That file hosting site wants me to either use my Facebook account to log in or register me as a user.. I really don'y feel like doing that so.. is there any other way to get STA?

Thanks!
Krabb
Administrator
Generaloberst

Chekist with a Mauser

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2017, 08:38:38 AM »

- do I need to patch the game to any particular version prior to doing that?
AFAIK it's included, but to be sure it's better to install the unofficial patch first.

- will the resolution and monitor aspect (16:9) be fixed with STA installed or does it require a separate fix?
STA has a separate fix for widescreen monitors, or use the fix from the sticky FAQ. Regarding the cut first line see "Q. The upper part of the message is not visible on the monitor. How to fix it?" in the FAQ.

- is Steel Panzer Mod 2.0 better than STA?
SPM is no longer updated, so STA is better I guess. But SPM is more stable in my opinion.

Also, I want to try the STA but the files seem to be only available through 4shared. That file hosting site wants me to either use my Facebook account to log in or register me as a user.. I really don'y feel like doing that so.. is there any other way to get STA?
I don't think so, but you could try looking for a link generator for 4shared or using a login from services like bugmenot.

"Please adopt a good faith attitude, Andrey. After 2+ years it's about time you did."
"It is simply not necessary, it makes no sense"
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: