I bought Steel Fury from Direct2Drive a few years ago and decided to reinstall it again after seeing what STA and the new missions can offer. Unfortunately, the game will not start for me. When I double click the shortcut to the game on the desktop, the cursor briefly changes to the activity circle which goes around a couple times and the disappears. The game screen never appears. I've tried the following based on researching previous posts here and elsewhere:
1) Plain installation in folder c:\games
2) Plain installation in h:\steel fury
3) Run as administrator
4) run in WinXP, Vista, Win 7 compatibility modes
5) Installed 4GB patch - results in error "A required security module cannot be activated. This program cannot be executed (13000). Please have a look at http://www.securom.com/message.asp?m=module&c=13000
for further, more detailed information."
6) Disabled anti-virus while installing and attempting to run
7) Installed STA 1.2 alone
8) Installed Directx 9.0c
My system: I5-6500, 8 GB RAM, Nvidia GTX 960, 500 GB SSD C:, Windows 10 64-bit.
I'm feeling like I have tried every suggestion I could find without success, but I could have missed something. Do those who successfully play in Windows 10 have the original disk version of the game or the download from GamersGate?