Graviteam
March 28, 2024, 03:59:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Beginning a campaign - noob question  (Read 8482 times)
lian00
Oberleutnant

« on: July 02, 2017, 08:09:42 AM »

Hello, I played some games like Close Combat or Combat Mission but I’m lost with Mius.

I select first Campaign, I don’t change anything on general map (well, I’m defending so it seems OK), I don’t change anything in deployment and… it’s Hollywood. Ennemies are showing, my artillery is firing, enemy planes bomb and destroy the artillery (what a scene!) and my troops are defeated by tanks. Great show but I,m just a spectator and no idea how to influence the battle and if I only could. It seemed to me that the artillery HAD to be lost as I have nothing to counter planes and, so, the battle was already written.

So I need some advice: as it’s a campaign, it’s normal I may loose battles. But what should have done here to improve the result ?
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2017, 10:14:52 AM »

I select first Campaign, I don’t change anything on general map (well, I’m defending so it seems OK), I don’t change anything in deployment and… it’s Hollywood. Ennemies are showing, my artillery is firing, enemy planes bomb and destroy the artillery (what a scene!) and my troops are defeated by tanks. Great show but I,m just a spectator and no idea how to influence the battle and if I only could. It seemed to me that the artillery HAD to be lost as I have nothing to counter planes and, so, the battle was already written.
It's not entirely clear what Hollywood means. In real combat artillery does not shoot, aircraft do not fly, enemies are invisible, tanks do not attack?

So I need some advice: as it’s a campaign, it’s normal I may loose battles. But what should have done here to improve the result ?
Everything is as usual: setup troops before the battle, set sectors of fire, leave reserves. During the battle, do not open fire ahead of time, maneuver with fire, if necessary - retreat, and then counterattack. In the game for this there are all means, both on an operational level and on a tactical one.

P.S. To begin with, it would be nice to pass training missions, this will remove a number of questions.

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
lian00
Oberleutnant

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2017, 11:33:38 AM »

It's not entirely clear what Hollywood means. In real combat artillery does not shoot, aircraft do not fly, enemies are invisible, tanks do not attack?

Everything is as usual: setup troops before the battle, set sectors of fire, leave reserves. During the battle, do not open fire ahead of time, maneuver with fire, if necessary - retreat, and then counterattack. In the game for this there are all means, both on an operational level and on a tactical one.

P.S. To begin with, it would be nice to pass training missions, this will remove a number of questions.

Thanks for the indications. I finished already the training missions but I think I understand a little what you mean.
wodin
Generalleutnant

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2017, 09:47:07 PM »

If the game was Hollywood it wouldn't be on my hard drive let alone have over 139 hours on it. Stick with it..this is way more realistic than Close Combat.
lian00
Oberleutnant

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2017, 07:29:53 AM »

Very strange: in my mind "Hollywood" was a compliment. A great show that gives you excitement with surprise and great effects. And people seems to see it here as negative.
chaudard
Generalmajor

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2017, 07:38:07 PM »

Yes, because Hollywood is unrealistic and biased Wink
Krabb
Administrator
Generaloberst

Chekist with a Mauser

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2017, 04:33:53 PM »

Movies discussion moved to http://graviteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=12634.0.

"Please adopt a good faith attitude, Andrey. After 2+ years it's about time you did."
"It is simply not necessary, it makes no sense"
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: