Graviteam
March 29, 2024, 01:17:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Attack and Assault modifiers. Recon and enemy spotting conditions.  (Read 4318 times)
Waleczny
Oberleutnant

« on: November 29, 2017, 10:15:44 AM »

Hi

If I setup the same modifieres for Attack and Assault orders, units will act in the same way?
Whats the main difference between Attack and Assault orders in GTMF?

I've found the Defence order is "unique" only? Allways indicated by green colour on waypoint line/icon.
The other orders turns to blue waypoint line/icon color if I modify them in the same way.
Is there some hidden funcionality behind RMB move ordes (special unchenchable by modifieres for each one)? Or they will all act in the same way, when they have same modifications applied?

Do i have to give a units time to find enemy (short stops in recon with "Set delay" order)?
Whats the best option for sneaky Recon, the best option to find enemy units? Does the slow moving unit
finds enemy units better than fast moving unit?  If i stop the tank (or infantry squad) it will spot distant targets better than fast moving tank? Do the tank commander have binnoculars?

Distant targets spotting. Vehicles (tanks) with optics, narrow but long FOV and highier POV (point of view- height )  will spot the distant targets faster than infantry?
Do the soldiers have binoculars?  There is an indicator if the unit have binoculars?

The Area of Sight (AOS), how it's programmed in GTMF? If I have a green AOS for infantry squad. It tells me the squad will allways find/spot enemy on green instantly, or they have a better chance to find enemy on green?
I mean...Each individual soldiers have its own rotating FOV and POV scouting the green AOS fields?
They are seeking within green? The spotting is rendering "within the green AOS" so it's better to wait until the individual soldiers or unit "render" this green LOS with theirs individula FOVs an POVs?

Does the sound is moddeled for spotting, loudy tank engine, silent crawling inantry?
Tank crews are muffled by head phones? Maybe there are some eavesdroppers units with sound amplifiers to hear enemy from distance?

Cancel targeting order (icon with tank and binoculars) What is it for? I've didn't found
explenation in manual and over net.

Can I temporarily hide deployment squares and guides in deployment phase?

Can I mannulay sets paths for telephinist to lay wires (How to?) or it must by solved by AI?

I have a sitiuation with ZIS "Arty regiment from RD" 76 mm gun battery it have  Battery commander and 2 Platoon commanders and 4 guns.
I've hide battery commander with guns, ordered to move first Platoon commander 1km away in front in forest (he dosen't seen a damn thing) and second Platoon commander 500m further in the open. AI telephonist wire only the first nearest Platoon commander in the forest but i've olso recieved targeting info from a second PlatCommander 1.5 away and a gun start shooting on Area Fire [G] command. They didn't have radio.  It's some kind of bug or limitation, or GTMF only simulates wire connection only with closest Platoon commander to the Battery commander

Thank You
« Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 11:08:34 AM by Waleczny » Logged
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2017, 11:28:29 AM »

If I setup the same modifieres for Attack and Assault orders, units will act in the same way?
Yes, like any other movement order (except Defence)

Whats the main difference between Attack and Assault orders in GTMF?
By default, they have different sets of modifiers - assault - slow movement in a relatively dense formation. Attack is a movement on a wide front, and the tanks will not wait the infantry after contact the enemy.

I've found the Defence order is "unique" only? Allways indicated by green colour on waypoint line/icon.
Yes, it always ends up looking for shelter

Is there some hidden funcionality behind RMB move ordes (special unchenchable by modifieres for each one)? Or they will all act in the same way, when they have same modifications applied?
Act in the same way

Do i have to give a units time to find enemy (short stops in recon with "Set delay" order)?
Whats the best option for sneaky Recon, the best option to find enemy units? Does the slow moving unit
finds enemy units better than fast moving unit?  If i stop the tank (or infantry squad) it will spot distant targets better than fast moving tank? Do the tank commander have binnoculars?
The best option is the slow movement, during which the gunner (or commander) turns the turret or sight and inspects the terrain. A moving target is harder to hit, but a moving target is easier to spot. The same applies to the crew members who climbed out of the hatch.

Distant targets spotting. Vehicles (tanks) with optics, narrow but long FOV and highier POV (point of view- height )  will spot the distant targets faster than infantry?
Do the soldiers have binoculars?  There is an indicator if the unit have binoculars?
Yes, from the optics it is easier to find the target at a distance, if it came into the field of view. Binoculars are for commanders and snipers, there is no indicator.

The Area of Sight (AOS), how it's programmed in GTMF? If I have a green AOS for infantry squad. It tells me the squad will allways find/spot enemy on green instantly, or they have a better chance to find enemy on green?
Green means that there is a direct visibility between the observer and the type of target that is chosen for drawing AOS. No any relationships between detection speed and color.

I mean...Each individual soldiers have its own rotating FOV and POV scouting the green AOS fields?
Yes, each unit has its own FOV, which begins at eye level with the soldier located openly.

They are seeking within green? The spotting is rendering "within the green AOS" so it's better to wait until the individual soldiers or unit "render" this green LOS with theirs individula FOVs an POVs?
AOS/LOF is not relevant to the field of view of the unit, it is a measuring tool for the player. For obvious reasons, AOS draws with a slowdown. If you want to get the most detailed result, click on the pause and wait for a while.
In game no LOS tool.

Does the sound is moddeled for spotting, loudy tank engine, silent crawling inantry?
Yes

Tank crews are muffled by head phones?
First of all they are drowned out by the sounds of their tank. It's not necessarily the crews.

Maybe there are some eavesdroppers units with sound amplifiers to hear enemy from distance?
No

Cancel targeting order (icon with tank and binoculars) What is it for? I've didn't found
explenation in manual and over net.
Cancels the target that is currently looking for a tank / unit. For example, if it is hidden or destroyed / does not represent a danger. You can tell the unit - to do other targets.

Can I temporarily hide deployment squares and guides in deployment phase?
No

Can I mannulay sets paths for telephinist to lay wires (How to?) or it must by solved by AI?
The game is not about dolls, obvious actions are performed automatically

I have a sitiuation with ZIS "Arty regiment from RD" 76 mm gun battery it have  Battery commander and 2 Platoon commanders and 4 guns.
I've hide battery commander with guns, ordered to move first Platoon commander 1km away in front in forest (he dosen't seen a damn thing) and second Platoon commander 500m further in the open. AI telephonist wire only the first nearest Platoon commander in the forest but i've olso recieved targeting info from a second PlatCommander 1.5 away and a gun start shooting on Area Fire [G] command. They didn't have radio.  It's some kind of bug or limitation, or GTMF only simulates wire connection only with closest Platoon commander to the Battery commander
Telephonists lay their way from their commander to their subordinates, no more than 1 km long (on the shortest path).
Telephones will not lead wires to individual guns or inside of fire platoons, this is not a cellular connection. They will lead from the battalion commander to the battery (company) commanders/spotters.

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: