Graviteam
March 28, 2024, 04:53:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cuito Cuanavale  (Read 5497 times)
orson
Oberstleutnant

« on: November 26, 2017, 08:41:16 PM »

Been playing through the bushwars DLC , witnessed a magnificent battle 4 turns into the 3rd campaign. I was outnumbered but had some interesting force multipliers , 4x Ollifant , a ZSU and a flight of 3x SA-316B alouette-3 .
             The first action was the ZSU crew spotting a train of infantry jogging down the msr , I am quite used to the usual MG tracer and sound effects , when the ZSU opens up it is so cool , I love how it rocks with the recoil, the poor dudes jogging down the road took it in the face and went to ground wondering what hit them . The ZU was on a hill and had them in plain view , just continued chewing them up .
                 Almost simultaneously the Alouette flight showed up and started orbiting the battle , kicking the crap out of everything ! Man those things are nasty . After the Olli's killed the Russian tanks in a sweet ambush , the remaining infantry retreated .

Air superiority is nice .  Grin

orson
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2017, 01:52:31 AM »

And then there is the Ratel IFV . The movement is just broken , either making extra movements or just humping each other , large formations are painful to watch , please try and fix them , I want to finish the campaign without grinding my teeth away .

waypoint
Major

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2017, 08:40:26 AM »

Nice write-up.

please try and fix them , I want to finish the campaign without grinding my teeth away.

I don't think it's likely. If I am not mistaken the last patch for the GT Operation Star came out in 2015. The developers have supported GTOS for quite a long time and now switched over to Tunisia and Mius games. I hope they eventually rerelease GTOS DLCs for the newer games.
orson
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2017, 06:54:16 PM »

Nice write-up.

please try and fix them , I want to finish the campaign without grinding my teeth away.

I don't think it's likely. If I am not mistaken the last patch for the GT Operation Star came out in 2015. The developers have supported GTOS for quite a long time and now switched over to Tunisia and Mius games. I hope they eventually rerelease GTOS DLCs for the newer games.

Thats sad news about it not supported anymore   Sad

waypoint
Major

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2017, 08:41:21 PM »

GTOS came out in 2010 and was supported for 5 years. It was to be expected for support to cease one day, especially since they've released a new game.
By the way, you should try the Angola campaign in Steel armor. It's more bush war, but from a different perspective.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: