Graviteam
March 29, 2024, 03:42:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Off Map Arty  (Read 3526 times)
Schuck
Oberstleutnant

« on: December 23, 2017, 11:53:22 PM »

Ok i'm really struggling with this a bit.
I'm playing 'The Final Offensive' (as the Germans) and i can't seem to hide my assets anywhere on the map that's safe fro arty.
I put them in houses, in ditches, i've even dug trenches in dense woodland, but the Russian arty methodically goes around the map killing them one at a time.
And its so accurate and concentrated  it wipes out whole platoons at a time, even when i have them 'heads down'.
I've even tried to keep everyone on the move, but it follows them around the map!!!
I know the Russians liked concentrated arty, but i just have to sit through it for 30 minutes and then count the individuals left, if any!
Is it over done..... or was it really like this?
And how do you counter it?

And a side note, my men keep running through mine fields (not a good idea), but the Russians appear to have a sixth sense and skirt around them,
How do they know they are there?

andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2017, 11:18:30 AM »

Please use this option (AI level)

Weak - if you are bombarded with artillery, Maximum - if you are ready to endure difficulties

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
orson
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2019, 07:13:03 PM »

Sorry for replying to an old topic but I didn't want to start another on the same subject , plus its hard to find a thread without at least some dust in this board  Tongue

About the off map artillery when it is in limited mode and how the AI uses it in this mode .  I have noticed that the AI will mark a zone , and if your troops are near the zone it will trigger a barrage , but I have also noticed the AI can still call a reaction bombardment .  I had a group of Panthers pull up at the edge of an orchard after moving some distance , to get rocket barraged after they started becoming a major threat by being Panthers .

Those new panthers are fairly overpowered ? They seem stronger than Tiger , although we hope research on further models will continue .. troops are complaining of slow turret rotation and poor engine reliability , hopefully this will be addressed in future variants . Gun accuracy is very good . 

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: