Graviteam
March 28, 2024, 11:05:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Please help with a map mod.  (Read 8081 times)
CptHrki
Oberleutnant

« on: December 26, 2017, 05:27:21 PM »

I found this mod in the Russian speaking community part which contains some season mods for the current maps. What specifically intrigues me is the file "c_cuanavale.cfgpack" which when installed transforms the Cuito Canavale map into a European forest which I would seriously enjoy (the installation is simply replacing the original file of the same name with this one in the folder of the map). However when installed, if I try to pick the map for a quick battle, the game crashes with a 001 initialization error as soon as I try to select it in the menu. If I try to start a quick battle that I made before replacing this file, I get an infinite black screen. Don't worry, I saved the original file but I just want to know what's wrong here and how to fix it because I really need something other than a desert to play on.

Link of the mod http://graviteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=12002.0

Interestingly enough, I found the same type of mod that FlashBurn posted (but this time I couldn't really notice the difference between vanilla and FlashBurn's mod) and it works fine, even though the installation is the same (the same file needs to be replaced).
Anddy
Major

« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2017, 07:03:00 PM »

CptHrki , forget it. This map doesn't work. Dev andrey12345 said - it is simple and better to make the new map instead to remake the old one, which is obsolete. Take advice of developer.
CptHrki
Oberleutnant

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2017, 11:42:27 PM »

Well, too bad then. I had an attempt with modding by trying to replace the internal firing sound of the U-5TS cannon of the T-62 but failed (can't seem to be able to convert the .engcfg2 file to .config using a pd2cfgp command to create a desc.addpack file). Btw, is it even necessary to create the .gt2extension file in order to install the mod through the installer or can I just try to replace the original sounds.flatdata file with the new one I packed up where I replaced the sound for the specific cannon but left the others like they were? I tried this but the sound is the same so it either has to be done through the installer or this is not the right sound (even though it's called shot_u5ts.loc_def.sound when sounds.flatdata is unpacked...)

The devs really put so little effort into modability even though the game would be alive and sprawling with mods right now if we had proper tools for all these conversions and everything... There's just something wrong with replacing a simple little sound taking two hours of your time, without counting in the time taken to extract and edit the new sound.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2017, 11:45:33 PM by CptHrki » Logged
Jumo
Oberst

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2017, 09:26:55 AM »

This map doesn't work. Dev andrey12345 said - it is simple and better to make the new map instead to remake the old one, which is obsolete. Take advice of developer.
Original SABOW maps working with  seassons from GTOS,  but maps from GTOS doesnt work in SABOW corectly
http://rgho.st/download/6SC6ddq2v/89c9a5eaa8651529057540e4b7bb39b201eeaa48/shot_2015_08_03_21_06_34_0001.jpg
Angola in winter season

I replaced the sound for the specific cannon but left the others like they were? I tried this but the sound is the same so it either has to be done through the installer or this is not the right sound (even though it's called shot_u5ts.loc_def.sound when sounds.flatdata is unpacked...)
Maybe "sounds_rep.flatdata" in  \data\mtc80\dev_updates\shared\packed_data  contains firing sound of the U-5TS cannon, and the replace your modded sounds.flatdata becouse that folder have a bigger priority

CptHrki
Oberleutnant

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2017, 12:10:14 PM »

The thing is, I don't even have a folder named dev_updates and I have two sound archives, sounds.flatdata and sounds_mtc80.flatdata (the latter one doesn't have a mention of the T-62's cannon).

But most importantly, can you link me the modded seasons file? I really like the look of that Angola Cheesy
« Last Edit: December 27, 2017, 02:48:27 PM by CptHrki » Logged
Jumo
Oberst

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2017, 03:59:50 PM »

The thing is, I don't even have a folder named dev_updates and I have two sound archives, sounds.flatdata and sounds_mtc80.flatdata (the latter one doesn't have a mention of the T-62's cannon).
Hm try this

Unpack ?.flatdata
 Open and edit ?.sound, save it with correct parameters (mono, 44100Hz, 16bit) in .wav format
 convert .wav to .sound using game convertor  wav2aaf.cmd
 replace original ?.sound by moded file
 Pack this all in to .flatdata
 Replase orig ?.flatdata by moded
But most importantly, can you link me the modded seasons file? I really like the look of that Angola Cheesy
1.You need to install this mod(resourses from GTOS)
2.Edit seasons on SABOW maps 
all maps in the game have nameofmap.cfgpack file. For example c_cuanavale.cfgpack to open it use cfgp2pd.cmd command (it convert ?.cfgpack to .engcfg2)

Then open c_cuanavale.engcfg2 with notepad find line "season_an_winter" and change it to other seasson *(1 or 2) for examle "season_ua_summer" save
Use pd2cfgp.cmd command to convert c_cuanavale.engcfg2 to c_cuanavale.config
 than change file extension from .config to .cfgpack        ( c_cuanavale.config > c_cuanavale.cfgpack)
replace original file in \data\mtc80\shared\polygons\c_cuanavale
done)

1 GTOS seassons if you have mod installed
season_ru_summer
season_ua_summer
season_ua_snow
season_ua_winter

2 SABOW seassons
season_af_spring               
season_af_summer               
season_an_winter               
season_ir_winter
CptHrki
Oberleutnant

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2017, 04:21:06 PM »

About the sound mod, I did exactly what you described twice already to make sure that I replaced it correctly and I made sure it's the right file, but the sound is still exactly the same...

About the map mod, I ran into the issue of pd2cfgp.cmd not wanting to convert the .engcfg2 file to .config. The log file in \out fodler shows no error and I made sure everything is correct, but the .config file simply won't appear. On another note, will the default SABOW seasons make the maps significantly different or not? I.e. will there be snow, different vegetation or not?
« Last Edit: December 27, 2017, 04:31:54 PM by CptHrki » Logged
Jumo
Oberst

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2017, 05:26:15 PM »

On another note, will the default SABOW seasons make the maps significantly different or not? I.e. will there be snow, different vegetation or not?
Different vegetation yes> angola with season_af_spring 
CptHrki
Oberleutnant

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2017, 08:57:40 PM »

Ok I managed to modify the .cfgpack file

Still don't know what's with the sound though, can't think of anything else to do...
« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 12:50:02 AM by CptHrki » Logged
CptHrki
Oberleutnant

« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2017, 11:25:16 PM »

Hey, update: I noticed during gameplay that the sound I modded in does get played sometimes but apparently it's only heard when some of my allied T-62s fire their cannons so apparently this shot_u5ts.sound file is not the actual interior firing sound... strange. Can anyone, the developers maybe tell me what the sound file used for this is??
« Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 12:46:41 AM by CptHrki » Logged
Jumo
Oberst

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2018, 08:31:37 AM »

You can open .sound files with GoldWave software and easeily find sound what you need
CptHrki
Oberleutnant

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2018, 01:27:10 PM »

I asked a dev and he confirmed that I'm replacing the correct sound (and that it passes through a low pass filter in-game). I made my custom sound much louder this time and now it's audible but sounds like utterly terrible for whatever reason. I made sure everything is correct like the format and all that but the game is just so gimped.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: