Graviteam
March 28, 2024, 08:39:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hi All and a Relevent Question.  (Read 5902 times)
BLUCHER
Oberleutnant

« on: February 18, 2018, 02:25:55 AM »

By way of an introduction Hello to all of you Tank Simmers. Please accept my thanks for you allowing me to join your Group. I hope I can look forward to initially learning the ropes of this sim very quickly and maybe later be a bit more contributory once I am familiar with the game and itts operation, to other newcomers to the skills of simulatted tank warfare.
I will appologise in advance in case I become a bit of a nuicance in asking too many questions, but I am a gamer not a PC technocrat, and with a few more candles than most on my birthday cake now, I am not quite as fast on the reactions or uptake, but I am quite patient and persevering until I learn something thoroughly. Any help you can give to that end along the way would be greatly appreciated, and I am ready and willing to learn and experiment.

Perhaps the one big question on my mind now is Compatability of the game with my PC System. I have not purchased Steel Fury yet, but have found the game to be available at Gamers Gate for just under £15 (if anyone knows where I could purchase the game cheaper still I would appreciate the "Heads Up").
The game being released back in 2008, I am primarily concerned if my system being essentially Windows 7 will drive this simulator, because I note that the recommended systems are Windows XP SP2 or Vista. If needed I can provide a DxDiagnostic file for better identification of my system but the bare bones are Windows 7 64 Bit on an Intel I7 2600 CPU Motherboard 3.4GHz and 3.8GHz with 8Gb onboard Ram and Nvidia Ge Force 650 GTX graphics card. I presume if it will take the base game it  should also take  any mods introduced.

Looking forward eagerly to any advice that can be given following which I will be purchasing this game based on the many high recommendations discovered on You Tube of it being the best tank sim around, and better than SABOW of which I also have a puchased game disk.

Many thanks in anticipation.
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2018, 05:13:23 PM »

These are my specs:
Mobo:MS-7577
CPU:AMD Phenom IIx4 945 3.0Ghz
Memory:8192MB
GPU:ATI Radeon 7870, 2GB DDR5 memory
Display mode:1920x1080(32bit)(60hz)

Game works fine for me.

Bring back 3D markers!
BLUCHER
Oberleutnant

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2018, 02:31:13 PM »

Thanks Tanker, that seems reassuring enough. mine is Windows 7 Home as well so doesnt sound like any conflict in compatibility. I would have liked to have got hold of a CD Cased version for my Shelf Collection but I guess that is out of the question going by its age. I have contented myself with downloading the Gamers Gate Version which is currently reduced to £9.75 which is an even better deal than most. Just need to get the gamefiles, a suitable poster for one of my Spare CD Cases, an empty CD and Burn the downloaded file from Gamers Gate onto it and it will look much the same.
After that I guess is the long painful process of modding it up until it reaches the same level as the excellent versions shown on You Tube.
One other question now, the folder which this is stred to, is it possible to make a copy of that, so that I can keep a vanilla version and produce a second for modding up, then if I go wrong during modding, I can simply start from scratch, or does the game have to be played through Gamers Gate Library.

Update
Game seems tto work fine, graphics are good, just been cruising to a paved road. I know when graphics are transferred to You Tube, there is bound to be a deterioration. If these are going to be improved on by the various Mods that have been released, then this looks like it is going to be an excellent quality sim.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 02:38:29 PM by BLUCHER » Logged
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2018, 09:11:40 PM »

Just copy and paste the game files into another folder that you name as you wish.  I just usually copy the entire game folder and all of the sub folder.  Then make a short cut for the start.exe in that new folder and place on desktop.

Bring back 3D markers!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: