Graviteam
March 28, 2024, 03:29:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Question regarding mortars  (Read 5377 times)
Ts4EVER
Oberleutnant

« on: February 14, 2018, 03:52:14 PM »

Several times during the battle phase I suddenly get a notification that I lost one of my mortars (while moving) even though they were not under fire. The crew seems fine. What is this caused by?
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2018, 08:56:29 AM »

Several times during the battle phase I suddenly get a notification that I lost one of my mortars (while moving) even though they were not under fire. The crew seems fine. What is this caused by?

Sometimes crews can not install a mortar after moving. Yes, it happens.

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
Ts4EVER
Oberleutnant

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2018, 09:22:22 PM »

And then the whole mortar is lost?
chaudard
Generalmajor

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2018, 10:34:52 AM »

Sometimes, crew can fix it and manage to reuse it
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2018, 05:09:28 PM »

What's the logic behind the mortar becoming unusable by just being moved?

Bring back 3D markers!
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2018, 05:51:03 PM »

What's the logic behind the mortar becoming unusable by just being moved?

The mortar can not be used when disassembled. The mortar is transported in disassembled state (typically in 3 packs), as a consequence it can not be used when transported.
It is also obvious if at least 1 pack is not delivered to the assembly site, for example if the one who carried it was killed on the way. The mortar will not be able to assemble and it will be unusable.

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
Ts4EVER
Oberleutnant

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2018, 10:11:19 PM »

Yes, but this also happens (a lot) if the unit wasn't even under fire. Maybe a stamina thing? Like they ditch it when moving?
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2018, 04:13:24 AM »

The mortar can not be used when disassembled. The mortar is transported in disassembled state (typically in 3 packs), as a consequence it can not be used when transported.
It is also obvious if at least 1 pack is not delivered to the assembly site, for example if the one who carried it was killed on the way. The mortar will not be able to assemble and it will be unusable.

Sure but if I'm reading the comments correctly the game is not relating it to an event like that. It's just rolling a die and creating an abstraction.

Bring back 3D markers!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: