Graviteam
March 28, 2024, 08:20:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Future tank sim with current engine?  (Read 7894 times)
templarteppo
Oberleutnant

« on: March 01, 2018, 06:56:24 PM »

I wasn't sure where to post this so please excuse me if this is the wrong board.  Steel Fury Kharkov 1942 is the last singleplayer WW2 tank sim to be released, by ANYONE.  With the excellent engine of the various "Tactics" games and now the "Tank Warfare" series, it seems almost obvious that a single player tank sim like Steel Fury and Steel Armor is right around the corner.  I understand that the devs want tanks to have fully modeled interiors, but for the time being can't the devs release a very simple interior of various tanks or just have players looking through the various optics and hatches at all times?  For the latter option, tank interiors wouldn't have to be modeled at all. Forgive my ignorance but this seems like something that would be very simple to do especially since all of the realistic physics and damage modeling have been completed.  Perhaps a game with a dynamic campaign sometime in the future?  Panzer Elite is over 20 years old and the fact that there hasn't been another tank game with a dynamic campaign since its release is depressing.  Thanks.
33lima
Oberst

« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2018, 07:35:06 PM »

+1 to that!

Including, that 3d interiors and animated crews are 'nice to have', but there is no need to throw the tanksim baby out, with the 3d animated interiors!

I do not believe that there is not a sufficient market for tanksim versions of all the GT:OS or GT:MF wargames. Naturally, what matters here is what Graviteam believes, but there is a way to find out for sure...

For it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "Chuck him out, the brute!"
But it's "Saviour of his country!" when the guns begin to shoot!
'Tommy', Rudyard Kipling, 1892
Flashburn
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2018, 04:41:03 AM »

+1 to that!

Including, that 3d interiors and animated crews are 'nice to have', but there is no need to throw the tanksim baby out, with the 3d animated interiors!

I do not believe that there is not a sufficient market for tanksim versions of all the GT:OS or GT:MF wargames. Naturally, what matters here is what Graviteam believes, but there is a way to find out for sure...

this is moldy since I have have been MIA.  But VR *could* maybe, perhaps, someday, renew interest in tank sims.  Lord knows FPS VR is IMO retarded.  Vehicle type sims its perfect for.  Time will tell..... 

Yabba dabba do
Chief809
Oberleutnant

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2018, 03:54:03 PM »

New Tank Sim in early release.
IL2 Tank Crew:Clash at  Huh???&!?
Multi-Player crewed or single player.
See you there
Chief 809
LuckyMan
Leutnant

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2020, 08:55:06 PM »

Tongue See you there also!

patience and pation!
RetroGamer
Oberleutnant

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2021, 07:53:56 AM »

I’m breaking all the rules and am replying to an old thread.  It doesn’t matter what the tanksim community is doing, I’m going to collect all the Graviteam tank games and beat them all in 2022!!!

T-72:  Balkans on Fire - I own this one and have beaten it more than once.  I’m gonna do it again in 2022!
WWII Battle Tanks:  T-34 vs Tiger - going to buy
Steel Fury - going to buy
Steel Armor - going to buy.

They should re-release all 4 games as a collection.  I only know T-72, but I like what I see with the others.  Should’ve gotten them all years ago.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: