Graviteam
April 20, 2024, 11:06:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Strange Behaviors  (Read 3064 times)
Ironhead
Oberleutnant

« on: July 19, 2018, 06:03:31 PM »

Hello All,

Not that new to graviteam tactics, I liked to dabble into the games in OpStar.  Just bought the Mius Front and have been really trying to understand the mechanics, but there is some very strange behaviors that has me wondering if this game is extremely buggy.

1.  My tanks have line of sight, see the enemy, but do not fire.  I don't quite understand why this is?  There are literally tanks/atg/infantry all around them, however the turret is constantly changing targets and not firing.  Maybe ill get a burst of MG fire on a infantry unit, but its never consistent.  I either have a game where the tanks are blowing everything out of the water, or they are sitting acting very strange. 
 - this goes for ATG units as well.

2. Communication links - How the hell does it work?  I set my telcom guys behind my battalion commander with leader units around the commander.  The telcom may hit a few units but not all of them, then they just stop behind the commander.  Very frustrating as I set up my units for a while to try to make this work.

3.  Indirect fire confuses me too even though I've seen the tutorials.  I put the commander with line of sight on certain areas and place my guns behind cover or behind something.  I set the area for concentrated fire and watch the 1:100% circle icon come up.  But nothing fires...  Why is that?  I have line of sight!  Does the gun need LOS too?!?!

4.  Artillery Observers:  Love them.  But how do I move the original presighted firing positions without making the spread SO HIGH and waiting 15 minutes for the artillery to prepare?  Does it have to do with LOS?

Love the game, appreciate any help I can get to actually get past the first missions!

andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2018, 06:22:43 PM »

1.  My tanks have line of sight, see the enemy, but do not fire.  I don't quite understand why this is?  There are literally tanks/atg/infantry all around them, however the turret is constantly changing targets and not firing.  Maybe ill get a burst of MG fire on a infantry unit, but its never consistent.  I either have a game where the tanks are blowing everything out of the water, or they are sitting acting very strange.  
Can you show the specific situation on the screenshot?
(selecting one unit that does not fire)

Just in case, the game does not have laser weapons, so the presence of LOS does not mean the possibility of shooting, since guns in the game (as in real life) shoot shells that fly along a ballistic trajectory, rather than straight from sight.

2. Communication links - How the hell does it work?  
Automatically, the signalmen make a wire connection between their commander and his subordinates.

3.  Indirect fire confuses me too even though I've seen the tutorials.  I put the commander with line of sight on certain areas and place my guns behind cover or behind something.  I set the area for concentrated fire and watch the 1:100% circle icon come up.  But nothing fires...  Why is that?  I have line of sight!  Does the gun need LOS too?!?!

Same as #1, you need LOF (not LOS!) direct or indirect, shells, working gun, and the received target designation through a communication line (for indirect guidance). All this should be at the same time together.

4.  Artillery Observers:  Love them.  But how do I move the original presighted firing positions without making the spread SO HIGH and waiting 15 minutes for the artillery to prepare?
What is "original presighted firing positions"?

The game has:
1) Targeted points: used to quickly and accurately point the fire (indicated by orange triangles)
2) The shedulled lines of fire (those places where the guns will shoot at the given time).
For unshedulled fire during combat, you can set (2) in dynamics, the accuracy of the task and the speed of opening the fire will depend on their visibility for the spotter and proximity to the (1).
« Last Edit: July 19, 2018, 06:24:56 PM by andrey12345 » Logged

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
Ironhead
Oberleutnant

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2018, 04:43:40 PM »

I tried to get a screenshot last night but I forgot.  But please, picture this if you could..

My Soviet KS-1 (forgot now) is supporting an attack on a few german trenches.  The infantry is fully engaged in combat with the Germans.  The Tank drives and stops about 10-15 meters away from the trench and fires maybe a volley of MG rounds or a HE explosive once every 4-5 minutes.  Is that just game mechanics or? 

Thanks for answering the LOF question, that makes sense.  But I thought if I had an officer spotting with LOS, the indirect fire weapon could take orders from that officer and open up on the sighted area.  There is literally an option in the leaders selections to sight the area for the weapon that's under his command.  I'll try again tonight with LOF and LOS and see what happens.  And it makes perfect sense with arty spotters, I'll move them from the back towards the front a bit more to sight more areas for fire and see how that goes.

As for the offmap question, wow I am way off with my initial assessment.  When I say "pre sighted", its the 3 areas that are originally given to me during the set up phase.  I always move the 3 arty positions to areas where I think the enemy is coming from.  The spread is usually 50/75 and I takes a minute and 30 seconds for the arty to prepare. Looks something like 1:30/50 on the map.

Targeted points is something I had no idea existed.  So I can hit the scheduled positions and quickly fire at targeted points?  I don't even see that in my arty options
Speaking of which, the artillery window look has completed changed!  We need a tutorial on how it works! I do at least.  Huh? Huh?

I love the concept of the game, but I feel its so wonky at times it takes away from my experience.  I am hoping its just me being ill informed about the mechanics. 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: