Graviteam
March 29, 2024, 01:06:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Off board artillery  (Read 7102 times)
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« on: July 30, 2018, 03:10:29 AM »

I can't really seem to make it work in a quick battle.

I put a couple of artillery observers on the map and I could see their targetting cirlcles with the time to impact and dispersion but once the battle started if I clicked on the arty UI on the upper left of the screen to adjust the type and number of shells I could not see the circles anymore and rmb or lmb just brought me too the observers.  No off board arty ever landed.

Obviously I'm missing some steps or important factor.

Bring back 3D markers!
Brucepos
Oberleutnant

« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2018, 10:11:51 PM »

I had problems with this too. After you set the targeting reticule on the target you need to press the ‘add fire mission’ button. You’ll see a new mission appear on the list on the right of the screen. When you move the reticule away from the target you should now see an indication of the strike pattern with a single number,  starting from ‘0’. This indicates the position of the strike in the list.
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2018, 02:40:59 AM »

Hmm, where is the add fire mission button? 

During set up I have my pre planned circles where I want them but after I start I have nothing in the list over on the right.  It must be because I have not "added fire mission".

Bring back 3D markers!
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2018, 03:52:10 AM »

Another question, what is the difference in settings between artillery use normal and use maximum?

Bring back 3D markers!
waypoint
Major

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2018, 05:19:58 AM »

Another question, what is the difference in settings between artillery use normal and use maximum?
If i am not mistaken, at "maximum arty" the AI tries to predict your deployment areas and movement routes and shells them, as any human would do. At "normal arty" the AI will only target the units that were spotted and are observed, with no predictions of where they could possibly move or where the unseen units in the formation could be.
Brucepos
Oberleutnant

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2018, 05:41:50 AM »

The ‘add fire mission’(which might be ‘add fire task’!) button is on the right hand screen menu under the battery information (when the spotter is selected). It looks like some lines with a plus sign. Set up your target and fire parameters first then press the add button. I started off by pressing the button first and ended up with multiple missions stacked on top of each other - it took me ages to figure out what was going on.
chaudard
Generalmajor

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2018, 06:33:12 AM »

@ Maximum, I think AI uses observed fire tool.
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2018, 03:30:08 PM »

Thanks for the answers guys. My problem has been that besides the initial pre planned bombardment during set up my FO has not been able to call for fire during the turn.  I noticed that there is a square on his icon that signifies that called fire during the turn is not available for him.  I thought I had made sure that there was a  battalion CO present so that all arty, from Divisional on down, could be used during battle.  This is the way the manual indicates that all arty can be used during the battle.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 03:37:52 PM by Tanker » Logged

Bring back 3D markers!
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2018, 03:39:51 PM »

The ‘add fire mission’(which might be ‘add fire task’!) button is on the right hand screen menu under the battery information (when the spotter is selected). It looks like some lines with a plus sign. Set up your target and fire parameters first then press the add button. I started off by pressing the button first and ended up with multiple missions stacked on top of each other - it took me ages to figure out what was going on.

I've seen that but does it not just add further missions on the same location as the first?  I've not been able to select a new location for an added mission.

Bring back 3D markers!
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2018, 06:04:25 PM »

I figured out how to add more fire missions in different locations.  Once you've added a fire mission, you can right click on the target circle to get a flag and then click where you want the new mission select the options for that.

Bring back 3D markers!
orson
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2018, 04:17:57 PM »

I figured out how to add more fire missions in different locations.  Once you've added a fire mission, you can right click on the target circle to get a flag and then click where you want the new mission select the options for that.

I was wrong saying you have to set a delay for each subsequent fire mission , if you dont specify a delay they just run each mission in order straight after the next .   Great for doing a creeping barrage if you want to scorch some earth . Cool

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: