Graviteam
March 28, 2024, 02:55:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Short review of changes after last big patch - how it affects gameplay .  (Read 2561 times)
orson
Oberstleutnant

« on: July 30, 2018, 07:08:46 PM »

So lets start with the one I missed in the first read of patch notes , the ability to only allow pre - planned artillery . After playing most campaigns I had seen most of the casualties had been due to artillery , now the ability to plot reactionary strikes is gone (if you choose) and the game feels a lot different , ambushes are a lot more effective and on map assets like mortars become the weapon of choice for hasty barrages . I now want to play through all of the campaigns again for the fresh feels .

Now another support feature is the ability to add multiple targets ,
 first select the asset , mortar or cannons ,
 locate the target marker on the map ,
 right click it to alter its position , right click the 3d map and drag to form a new target marker
 select your ammo type
 select salvo type
 select delay
 confirm your target with the Add fire task button .
Repeat as many times as you have ammo , for each following missions add 5 delay  FM0 - immediate ,  FM1 - add 5mins , FM2 - add 10mins etc , etc

On a side note , I wish we had the ability to change the shape of the target area .
 Either from a standard circle , point target type ,with the ability to draw out a larger circle for a wider area , and change the shape from circle area to elongated rectangle sheaf or draw out a large square area . 
Possibly just make the ability to manually input the final desired accuracy of the barrage .

More support changes on how they are handed out at different organisation levels , means that now you may end up with assets available that you had not expected , while playing several battles I have had air support I wasn't expecting (might want to limit the schnapps ration for the fighter pilots , the FW190 are drunk  Facepalm ).

I reckon the last patch was a definite improvement , both in gameplay and UI ,  some changes like being able to hide the events menu to not get the ding sound ,  saved my sanity   Kiss   

I hope to see some interesting things in the future "(*cough*EXCEPT FOR TACTICAL UAV*cough*)."   Lips Sealed

Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2018, 07:26:50 PM »

Orson, WRT your first paragraph:  the ability to allow only pre-planned artillery.  Is this a user option? Can we have pre - planned and called artillery during the turn or we can choose to limit it to pre-planned only.  Is this correct?

Does this feature apply only to off map artillery?

Is this option selected in settings?

Bring back 3D markers!
orson
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2018, 08:17:18 PM »

Orson, WRT your first paragraph:  the ability to allow only pre-planned artillery.  Is this a user option? Can we have pre - planned and called artillery during the turn or we can choose to limit it to pre-planned only.  Is this correct?

Does this feature apply only to off map artillery?

Is this option selected in settings?

If you go into options , in the difficulty section "  Use of artillery " - Normal , Only pre planned and the last setting is Maximum  Shocked , pre planned being the ones you set up during deployment , this is the same for the AI , but you can set delays , and so can the AI  , so you can still expect positions to be shelled during the game , but no new strikes can be called by either side once the game is in play .

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: