Graviteam
March 28, 2024, 09:26:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Questions about Platoon Vehicle Movement  (Read 4401 times)
ThunderChief
Oberleutnant

« on: October 12, 2018, 10:30:29 AM »

Hi guys,

I am new to the Graviteam universe and was playing one of the Quick Battles (Ambush) where you have a platoon of US tank destroyers and have to ambush a German platoon on a main road.

The mission requires getting them into a defensive position in an olive grove. However when you select the platoon and set it to Fast Move, they travel between 6 and 9mph on the main road, and then drop to 4-6mph on the secondary road. After that, they seem to have real problems with pathfinding when 2 or more units are trying to maneuver around each other, and they cannot get into position in time when left under AI control. In some cases 2 units dance around each other trying to get into position and they end up 200m outside the olive grove with their backs to the enemy.

Fast Move: If I click on the lead unit only and send it on Fast move to the olive grove, it moves up to 26mph (or kph not sure!) on the main road and 16mph on the secondary. If I move the entire platoon on 1 order, with Column and Road modifier, they move very slowly.

AI Maneuver: They seem to take forever to get into a decent line position hull-down in the olive grove with proper LOS to the enemy.

What are the correct order configurations to order the whole platoon to move as fast as possible into a proper defensive position without having to micro-manage? I have tried multiple combinations of modifiers and also queued orders to Defend in a line, but it's like watching drunk teenage girls learning to park!  Grin

Thanks for the help!
chaudard
Generalmajor

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2018, 08:22:15 PM »

"Take defense" order ; with "fast", "outside roads" and "free formation" modifiers?
Please take screenshots of the map and your order/modifiers wheel.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: