Graviteam
March 29, 2024, 05:00:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: command and the effects of separating platoons  (Read 5893 times)
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« on: March 07, 2019, 05:36:43 PM »

https://imgur.com/a/CV8f0sP

What are the effects of separating the platoons of a company from it's battery commander and his telephone and wire squad?  In the picture if Schell (atg) platoon is placed far away from Kubel and far away from the associated battery commander will that have undesirable consequences?

Bring back 3D markers!
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2019, 07:38:10 PM »

If you want to use the battery commander for target designation or command (his level is higher than the platoon commander), then it is better to have him in touch with the battery. Why do we need to stretch the wires (this is done by telephone operators), but until the wires are stretched the command will not be carried out if it is far away.

In this case, the “platoon” itself is a complete unit (battery) with its own “company” commander (a company is an approximate equivalent of a battery), and can act relatively autonomously.

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2019, 08:50:12 PM »

The battlefield is split by a mountain.  I wanted one platoon on each side of the mountain for an anti tank screen.  Each platoon has it's own commander so I think they can operate independently.  The only concern I had was that the Battery commander can't be close to both widely separated platoons.

I guess I'm not really clear on what added benefit the Battery commander brings to the 2 platoons of ATGs.

Bring back 3D markers!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: