Graviteam
March 28, 2024, 07:58:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: New update - March 04, 2019  (Read 11378 times)
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2019, 10:18:23 AM »

You are forcing me to micro manage a game that does not like being micro managed .
Did not quite understand what was going on.
Where did the amount of micromanagement increase?

This is not compelling gameplay . I do not have the time to play for two hour battles . If you force me to relocate by not allowing initial placement ,  then I have to tow guns and port mortars , none of this is possible when the AI shells your position at the start of the game .
No one forces to rush into battle without preparing with tons of mortars and guns. This is only your decision.

Spend 20 min plotting waypoints , just to watch the AI completely ignore it , within 10 mins its a shit show , everyone is out of transports and I have to re-plot waypoints .
In any case, you would have to arrange these troops.
Orders can be given at once to the whole group or platoon. There is no need to give them on 1st unit. Some contrived claim.

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
orson
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2019, 05:33:20 PM »

Just one question and then I am done on the subject .

Why wont you make it optional ?

andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2019, 06:01:52 PM »

Just one question and then I am done on the subject .

Why wont you make it optional ?

This is the basic game mechanics. Why make it optional?

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
orson
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2019, 07:54:51 PM »

Answer my question with a question . Politician level .

This was a basic game mechanic since March 4 2019 , not before . The game functioned perfectly well before the change .

How long was ability to plot in game artillery a basic mechanic , this is now optional .

So I ask again .... why not make this optional ?

andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2019, 09:27:13 AM »

Answer my question with a question . Politician level .
Usually in games do not disable the basic mechanics in the settings. I hint at it.

How long was ability to plot in game artillery a basic mechanic , this is now optional .

I did not quite understand, there is also no choice in artillery. Only new mechanics. What is the essence of the example?

So I ask again .... why not make this optional ?
The options in most cases are quantitative, not qualitative.
Otherwise, developers will have to support two, three, ten games within one at once. What is impractical.

We cannot afford to support several games inside one, therefore new, more advanced mechanics (and interfaces) will replace the old ones without the possibility of a return/choice.
And the options will apply only to quantitative changes, or what is easily verified and does not require support.
I have not seen games where they would have done otherwise. It is not clear why such questions arise at all.

orson
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2019, 06:18:09 PM »

Do these battles look fine to you ?

Odds are look great in favor of Russia , how did they manage to only include these two units on German side ?
With the original system , I might have stood a chance here , If I could place my units where they might have best success , but this time I have no chance to move , just sit and die  ... this is the fun bit ? Or is that later ?

This battle started with my heavy tanks deploying only a few meters short of the enemy infantry and AT guns . Please explain how this might have occurred .

My rig - i7 4770K  , 32GB vengeance ,  MSI GTX 1080 8GB  -  Runs MIUS FRONT @ 9fps during fog , nothing to fix here ?

"
I did not quite understand, there is also no choice in artillery. Only new mechanics. What is the essence of the example?"   Do you play the game much ?
« Last Edit: March 11, 2019, 06:32:50 PM by orson » Logged

andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2019, 08:02:15 PM »

Do these battles look fine to you ?
Battle as a battle. I see nothing special here.

You for some reason retreated from prepared positions. What result did you expect to get?
For what reasons should retreating troops that attacked by an enemy, should be given the opportunity to take good positions?

This battle started with my heavy tanks deploying only a few meters short of the enemy infantry and AT guns . Please explain how this might have occurred .

The enemy advanced a reconnaissance group or set up an ambush. You can do that too.

My rig - i7 4770K  , 32GB vengeance ,  MSI GTX 1080 8GB  -  Runs MIUS FRONT @ 9fps during fog , nothing to fix here ?

It is in the fog, and if there is no fog, then the FPS is higher?

orson
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2019, 09:38:18 PM »

You for some reason retreated from prepared positions. What result did you expect to get?
For what reasons should retreating troops that attacked by an enemy, should be given the opportunity to take good positions?

Prepared positions that are the wrong side of a minefield , genius placement , indefensible so I pulled back .
Look here again , there are two obvious battles taking place , North West top .. and Center , but the battle was chosen somewhere in the middle , taking 1 unit from each battle  Huh? Nothing to do with the patch  , just odd .
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/1004772116337486701/82D3D6138E1B9D74A60BB3B0F7DCA4279CEC256F/

Its like the game decided what could be the least fun for the player ... ahh perfect .

The enemy advanced a reconnaissance group or set up an ambush. You can do that too.

wait wut ... In reference to this battle
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/1004772116333960433/321800007D5E8DF2C9199959DEB58920BF8E5D16/

So , they advanced a recon group up to set an ambush ...and the several platoons of men and guns just behind the recon unit .. what about them ?
Why would a heavy tank unit advance so close ?
They didnt even advance , they just moved to the side to protect a flank and then they got attacked . So these hundreds of men just sneaked up , seems legit . Lips Sealed
Look at the Russian initial placement , they are in a decent line with guns and troops set out , these are the troops that advanced on ME , they didnt suffer from being placed in a blob . I pressed deploy , and the Russians spread out nicely , move unit mechanic not applicable to AI ?
The center unit is the only one I could place , in good position with NWr behind in support . Tell me what you would do to win this scenario ?

It is in the fog, and if there is no fog, then the FPS is higher?

Usually play between 15 - 40+ .
I am sure I got higher FPS with the R9 290X 4Gb Radeon .  

Here are some example screen shots of different complexity

Smoke and fog
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/1004772116337934800/A3432A76FF0EC6ECC920B0EDFC6C51415C7138FB/

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/1004772116337932300/1A697C7D29A19DC11B801941EAD260E0595340F2/

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/1004772116333976002/B6B0A8CB4571FBB33E1ACFA59CB92308AED57A78/

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/1004771706826282299/F094F6937A82D5A07AE8E0E0CB39B8EBD567F5D8/

Panther is ....  Shocked
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/1004771706826277759/F62292439178FE1AF81510BA41E3536AFB485094/

The new DLC is amazing , the first few battle I had before the patch were some of the most awesome games I have played  Cheesy ........ post patch has seen the most rage quits in a single player game   Angry

« Last Edit: March 11, 2019, 09:51:11 PM by orson » Logged

orson
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2019, 06:21:04 PM »

Nothing to add ?

andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2019, 08:30:29 PM »

Prepared positions that are the wrong side of a minefield

What is the wrong side of a minefield? It has 4 sides, how do you discern which is wrong and which is not?

What does it have to do with the minefield - you personally moved the battle group, the game placed the troops near the place where you personally moved it.
If you have moves BG to the "wrong side of a minefield", then the game will place on the "wrong side" whatever it means.

Look here again , there are two obvious battles taking place , North West top .. and Center , but the battle was chosen somewhere in the middle , taking 1 unit from each battle  Huh? Nothing to do with the patch  , just odd .
The game chooses battle priority as the minimal total distances to the key points. Takes the nearest battle groups located near the direction of attack (indicated by the arrow). This is already happening 2+ years. 

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: