Graviteam
March 28, 2024, 11:16:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Long standing gripe  (Read 5363 times)
wodin
Generalleutnant

« on: July 19, 2019, 09:36:14 PM »

The total lack of tank killing power the Inf have is just totally not historical. If Inf so useless against tanks why was it bad to take tanks into cities? I've read of many times where German infantry or pioneers had to go tank hunting as one or two Russian tanks had broke through and where driving in back areas causing trouble. Alot of times the tanks where destroyed with magnetic mines or immobilised with grenade bundles and even Inf droping grenades down hatches or Molotov on engine cowling etc etc. In the game if you have no anti tank guns or tanks no matter how many men you have and even if the men are swarming around a tank they have no way of taking it out. So it just drives where it likes surrounded by masses of enemy infantry mowing them down at their leisure.

It should be highly dangerous for tanks to get into a position where they are swamped by enemy troops.

This really is my one and only issue, of sometimes pathfinding of vehicles is very annoying. Though I can deal with that I just wish the inf had some bite. Oh another issue is for the life of me I shall never understand how the game rates a battle win draw or lost. All I know is even when I'm trouncing the enemy in a operation I have probably been told I lost most of the actual battles!
« Last Edit: July 19, 2019, 09:39:16 PM by wodin » Logged
Lethal
Oberleutnant

« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2019, 09:44:57 AM »

i have Tunisia43 and when playing campaigns the same type of scenario comes up from time to time.  You have a popgun vs a tank.  Always interesting to see what weapons you have and check them in the encyclopaedia against the particular vehicle in question.  Usually the issue is you cannot penetrate the frontal armor, so you have to try and ambush the vehicle or get a side shot.   

In TWT43 ambush is
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: