Graviteam
April 25, 2024, 03:51:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: viewing soldier 3D model in the model viewer  (Read 2213 times)
tankman
Oberleutnant

« on: April 18, 2021, 04:06:31 PM »

Ok so i've managed to unflat the human gos flatdata file. I tried opening the soldier mesh files (ir_basij.loc_def.mesh for example) in the 3d model viewer, but it did not view the model properly and looked broken, only showing a singular portion. Interestingly on each LOD view it shows a different portion of the soldier. The hum_body files look fine however in the model viewer. How do I view the soldier mesh files in the model viewer without it looking messed up?
tankman
Oberleutnant

« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2021, 01:59:31 PM »

I have found out how to do it, somewhat. There is a utility manager that makes using the built in programs much more easier to use. There is an external program somebody made, called the object viewer, and using the utility manager you can open it, but you need to load the object viewer program using the manager every time you want to use the object viewer. Very confusing I know. The reason why you can only view the soldier meshes using this program and not the model viewer is beyond me. Anyways I will attach a link to the post that contains this object viewer utility.

What you need to do first is to follow the instructions in the picture in the "SABOW unlock utilities" file, then once it is installed to the directory, ONLY move the "SABOW unlock utilities ENG/RUS" to the right and click the button at the bottom to save it. Now the utility manager is installed, onto the process of loading the object viewer. First thing to do is to start the game. You will notice that instead of the usual intro sequence, you have a small window with a timer. That is the utility manager.

First time you open it you won't notice the timer and the game will start  Grin. So once you open it a second time quickly click the pause button on the timer and click the "add" button. Locate the "MODs" folder that the installer created, and open the "1. SABOW Viewer objects" folder, then "root", then "programs". Now you won't see anything, so change the file type from "packed programs" to "All files". After, click on the "objviewer.loc_def.program", to add it. Now the object viewer will open. To load any model you click on "file" then "load", and change the file type to "all". You can then locate your model, and the object viewer will display it for you. Now everytime you want to use the viewer you need to do all the steps in this paragraph, which is a tedious process, but it's the only way to view specific models that don't work in the model viewer.

You can mess around with the viewer, and if you find that you messed something up that you cannot undo, the config file for the viewer is located in "YOUR GAME\data\mtc80\shared\config" and is called "ov_config.engcfg", so delete it and the next time you open the viewer it will create a new config.

https://disk.yandex.com/d/6hQXgNMUw4Hs3
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: