Graviteam
April 24, 2024, 02:40:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The main problem.  (Read 3869 times)
Slippery_Rat
Oberleutnant

« on: June 05, 2020, 04:58:16 AM »

The main problem with SABOW is lack of information.

Not only is the manual lacking, but very little help or comments in the forums.
I can only presume, there are few players, or the players that know how to play dont share their knowledge...too bad.

The community could be bigger, but since its a single player game there is little incentive to assist others, again too bad, this sim is under valued because it takes so much effort to learn, yet has so much potential.
Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2020, 07:15:23 PM »

Slippery, the game is a good one but it is old and people don't visit this forum too much anymore.  It is hard to learn, the symbology is arcane and documentation is almost completely lacking.  The devs don't speak English as a  first language.  They have never had an interest in a manual.  They will tell you that the tutorials and in game context help is sufficient.  They're not, but the devs are set in their views, no matter the amount of feedback they get.  You're not the first player to point out these short comings.

Bring back 3D markers!
Slippery_Rat
Oberleutnant

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2020, 05:28:39 AM »

Strange attitude, building a simulator like this is a lot of work, the devs must be motivated by the challenge and not care much about financial rewards. Thats the irony, without financial rewards there will be no project, improvements will be few and company reputation will be ruined, resulting in team being disbanded...makes no sense to me.

As I said earlier, it has a lot of potential, hate to see a good concept just abandoned.

Slippery_Rat
Oberleutnant

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2020, 05:40:33 AM »

Looking at the about us, and their youtube profile they appear more interested in 3D modelling than creating a simulator.

Most of their Youtube videos are under 1 minute long, and seem focus on graphical aspects rather than game play.
However, they do link to Steam.
chaudard
Generalmajor

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2020, 08:23:10 AM »

You are wrong.
Devs are not mainly interested to make profit. Devs are very few and don't have time to manage Sabow along of Mius/TankWarfare.
They don't have time to spend in a manual writing because too few of users read the manual.
Devs don't have time to develop Sabow because of the lack of interest by users (too few users want to play a tank simulator in 2010-2020).
So, devs work hard on Mius and Tank Warfare.
And they work on another game since many years. They think the new game will be ready by mid-2020 (2025+).
It's sad for Sabow. But, the most of the players are on Mius.

You shoud read the Steam Mius forum, devs are very active here.
Slippery_Rat
Oberleutnant

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2020, 08:49:54 AM »

You misunderstand me, I said

Strange attitude, building a simulator like this is a lot of work, the devs must be motivated by the challenge and NOT care much about financial rewards.

I didnt mean they were interested in profit, but rather, in the creative aspects rather than the financial ones.

Chess is an old game, but still popular!
« Last Edit: June 07, 2020, 08:56:50 AM by Slippery_Rat » Logged
Slippery_Rat
Oberleutnant

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2020, 09:11:11 AM »

With regard to reading or not reading the manual,

I find reading this kind of manual difficult, if I havent tried playing first.

Once having tried, I have a much easier time understanding what the manual is talking about and refine my understanding and as I play I get more question I can then refer to the manual.

I understand the significance of the history, but when starting a new sim like this I want to dig in, how to get started.

I needed help just to understand how to use in-game help! ;-)

« Last Edit: June 07, 2020, 09:16:53 AM by Slippery_Rat » Logged
Slippery_Rat
Oberleutnant

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2020, 10:24:01 AM »

In the past few days, my basic tutorial on sabow campaign has had 184 views, there is some interest, one person commented, I will load the game and try again!

Yes your casual gamer wont read the manual and will give up, but others such as myself struggle to learn I can see a good game here!

I fly DCS titles that require real study, they are great and have a large following.
I suppose you have to determine, who is your market, and not try being all things to all people.

Real simmers will read the manual, gamers will not! Pick a gendre!
« Last Edit: June 07, 2020, 10:30:42 AM by Slippery_Rat » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: