Graviteam
April 19, 2024, 03:07:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Voice activated controls  (Read 3538 times)
Slippery_Rat
Oberleutnant

« on: June 07, 2020, 09:26:42 AM »

In a game like this with many shortcut to control game play, I find voice activation software like Voice Attack et al, very useful.

I dont have to remember all the keyboard shortcuts, just say gunner, periscope et al and you are there, dont have to take eyes off screen.

Tanker
Generalfeldmarschall

BRING BACK MARKERS

« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2020, 01:49:08 AM »

I've used something similar in ARMA 3 but never with this game.  I didn't even know it was possible.

Bring back 3D markers!
Slippery_Rat
Oberleutnant

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2020, 04:44:39 AM »

I've used something similar in ARMA 3 but never with this game.  I didn't even know it was possible.

Voice Attack merely presses the keys (for as long as you tell it) you assign, so When you issue a verbal command it presses the corresponding keys. I also use this technique in flight simulators like DCS to change camera views.

It can also issue multiple key presses with a single verbal command, and if the screen size is the same, you can issue a command to move to a point on the screen then click, this could be used in sabow to click on menu items at the bottom, since they are always in the same place. I can minimize my clicks, in fact I use the voice command “click or right click” to click wherever  the mouse is.

Something I used right away when I first started. I think it really helps, I use Voice Attack, but there are others maybe could be built into the program.

https://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4502388/re-steel-armor-blaze-of-war-tutorial-by-a-beginner#Post4502388
« Last Edit: June 09, 2020, 05:21:48 AM by Slippery_Rat » Logged
Slippery_Rat
Oberleutnant

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2020, 04:48:57 AM »

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: