Graviteam
March 28, 2024, 09:16:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Surround and windowed mod  (Read 5364 times)
Wörghern
Oberstleutnant

« on: June 09, 2020, 09:04:06 AM »

Hi Andrey,

Should it be possible to fit the interface of "Graviteam tactics" and "Tunisia 1943" with Nvidia surround ? I'm playing the game in 5760x1080 résolution. I haven't any any problem to report with the tactical map; icons fit correctly (without increase resolution), display runs perfectly, it's beautiful and panoramic viewing of the battle is incredible. The problem is the interface with the strategic map. By example, if I select some unit and need to make some change by right clicking on it, window is displaying half above the screen. Sometimes, it's impossible to select the first unit option of the proposal. This is the most annoying thing I notice with the compatibility of the interface and the Nvidia surround. Some minor thing is the resolution of the menu that is not fit correctly. Last thing, windowed option doesn't work as I wish or I want it. Indeed, it might be good to keep the desktop resolution and play the game in lower resolution in windowed mode, not in full screen.

Best regards,

Worg

Panzergranate Neun und Dreizig Geladen! Schuss!
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2020, 11:32:41 AM »

We do not support strange and dubious technologies (they come up with 100500 in a year, there simply will not be enough resources for this). In this case, the developers do not have the opportunity to either look or check how this cool tech will work. Sorry.

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
Wörghern
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2020, 02:22:30 PM »

Ok, don't worry, I understand.

But just so that we understand each other well, the nvidia surround is not a strange or dubious technologies. This is the standard of Nvidia graphics cards to support the possibility to use triple screen. Personally I have a Geforce EVGA RTX 2080 Super. My three screens are IIYAMA G-Master Black Hawk G2730HSU. The surround give us the possible to have a single surface. Check the screens below if you don't know what i'm talking about.

Nvidia parameters interface

Only one surface (5760x1080)

All what I ask is, could it be possible to make the game playable to 5760x1080. To play with triple screen is a standard and Graviteam tactics is really made to play with it. Check the screens below:

As you can see, this make the Graviteam tactics epic, isn't it ?

Now, check the interface screen below and tell me it is not possible to center the window on the screen and not on the line.

Best regards,

And thank you to all the team for the hard work; your game concept is unique and incredible. I'm dreaming about Poland invasion (cavalry why not ?), Stalingrad 42/43 battle, Carentan 44, Sedan 40, etc...

Best regards,

Worg

« Last Edit: June 09, 2020, 02:24:43 PM by Wörghern » Logged

andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2020, 10:38:15 AM »

This mode (with extended width) is extremely bad for tables and interfaces. In fact, it needs a completely different interface, without sidebars that are tied to the right and left edges of the screen and with tables in 2-3 rows. Those. in fact, everything is different.

Why can not play with 3 monitors as separate monitors? This is because for most games it is much more convenient than a single wide one.

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
Wörghern
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2020, 12:21:57 PM »

Hi Andrey,

I understand. Finally, I found my way. I have to up the selected Battlegroup to its limit above in the menu and then it's good: I can finally choose options as I want.

I'm playing these games below with this Surround Nvidia configuration without any problem; interface and in-game fit perfectly:

-Combat Mission (all opus from Normandy to Wacht am Rhein)
-Il-2 Battle series of (Stalingrad, Moscow, Clash at Prokhorovka, Kuban, Bodenplatte, Normandy)
-Hell let loose
-DCS World

For the others games that are not compatible with triple screen (sometimes due because games are too old), I'm playing them in windowed mode (-w) like:

-Close Combat Series
-Silent Hunter Series

A last screenshot to show you the real advantage to play at "Graviteam: tactics" with triple screen. One of this advantage is that I have not to move constantly the screen to right to left when the battlefront is very large by example.

PS: I'm very impatient to envoy it with x3 32" :p

Tschuss,

Worg

orson
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2020, 04:30:02 PM »

It's ..... beautiful    Shocked     

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: