Graviteam
March 28, 2024, 01:01:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Combat range...  (Read 2679 times)
Schuck
Oberstleutnant

« on: November 12, 2020, 03:34:01 PM »

A quick question,
Is there anyway (a file i can alter?) or does anyone know how to reduce the combat ranges of various weapons.
I've noticed that rifle men, LMG (MP40,PPSh41 etc) seem to engage at ranges of up to 800-1000m,
where as German studies in WWII found most engagements happened at close range 200-300m.
I've even seen a German with a Luger trying to hit a Russians at 400m!!
And the MG34/42's regularly fire on targets over 1000m.
I've also noticed the German 37mm will fire at T34's at 1500m, at this range it will only tickle them,
and usually results in return fire that kills the gunners.....
I know you can set fire arcs, but this is a pain to do for every unit, and still results in the enemy engaging you on sight at unrealistic distances.
Thanks.
andrey12345
Graviteam
Generalfeldmarschall

Jerk developer

« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2020, 02:27:15 AM »

Is there anyway (a file i can alter?) or does anyone know how to reduce the combat ranges of various weapons.
I've noticed that rifle men, LMG (MP40,PPSh41 etc) seem to engage at ranges of up to 800-1000m,
MP40 and PPSh41 it is not LMG it is SMG.

SMGs in game shoot at the distances of 200-300 meters.

where as German studies in WWII found most engagements happened at close range 200-300m.
It does not follow from this that the weapon did not fire beyond 300 meters.

I've even seen a German with a Luger trying to hit a Russians at 400m!!
Let me not believe you. In the game, it is impossible to determine exactly where a particular soldier is shooting. No need to invent.

And the MG34/42's regularly fire on targets over 1000m.
The 7.92 heavy machine-gun bullet has sufficient lethality up to about 1.5 km. Nothing prevents HMGs from shooting at such a range and even more.

I've also noticed the German 37mm will fire at T34's at 1500m, at this range it will only tickle them,
Again, let me not believe you. This cannon will not shoot at this target at that distance.

Пользовательский интерфейс будет неуместен на сегодняшних широкоэкранных экранах, а оригинальные карты неопределенного метра и моделирование чисел с низкими лицами заставляют людей действительно не хотеть играть.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: