Graviteam
April 26, 2024, 10:47:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: different versions of same game  (Read 19970 times)
thebiskit
Oberleutnant

« on: December 28, 2010, 12:16:54 PM »

i just downloaded this game the other night and i love it, one question though. Where is the mission editor or any editor for that matter? I have gone through the main folder i dont know how many times and the only thing about an editor is the manual.I dl ed this from amazon, is there some thing i am missing? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2010, 12:45:44 PM »

Hi,

The Mission Editor can be found in the Start Menu for Steel Fury, under 'Editors and utilities'.

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2010, 03:06:58 AM »

Hi the biskit! I made copies of my original SF insgtalltion and of course the ME was not working.So I asked Graviuteam how to make a new one.In case you or anybody else has that problem here's the post from Graviteam's moderator on  how to do it:

*Graviteam* (Assistant Deputy Backup Courier)

Re: support - "STEEL FURY:Kharkov 1942" user/made missions
« Reply #89 on: July 07, 2010, 02:07:16 PM » Quote 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote from: frinik on June 27, 2010, 04:06:51 AM
Hello Iceman or whomever!

I have a small technicla problem.I made a copy of my Steel Fury game.My problem is that the mission editor in that game does not work because of course it's only a copy.So I am unable to load new user/made missions into that game.Is there another way other than loading them as datapack through the mission editor?Can copies of user/made missions be made and pasted into a game?

Please advise.

Thank you.

Hello frinik!

Create text files in a root folder of game (there where stater.exe) and in them to enter the text

For start of the editor (editor.txt)

Code:
"bin\rel\shell.exe" root\programs\misedit.program

For map creation (editor_map.txt)

Code:
"bin\rel\shell.exe" root\programs\newpoly.program

For mission creation (editor_mission.txt)

Code:
"bin\rel\shell.exe" root\programs\newmis.program

For the map generator (editor_map_gen.txt)

Code:
"bin\rel\shell.exe" root\programs\polygen.program
After that rename text files into something with *.bat extension or *.cmd and run.

Example
editor.txt -> editor.cmd
editor_map.txt -> editor_map.cmd
etc

------------
Or you can create shortcuts for "<game_dir> \bin\rel\shell.exe" and change "Target" in  Properties of the shortcuts

For example:
For start of the editor

Code:
"D:\Games\Steel Fury. Kharkov 1942\bin\rel\shell.exe" root\programs\misedit.program
For map creation

Code:
"D:\Games\Steel Fury. Kharkov 1942\bin\rel\shell.exe" root\programs\newpoly.program
For mission creation

Code:
"D:\Games\Steel Fury. Kharkov 1942\bin\rel\shell.exe" root\programs\newmis.program
For the map generator

Code:
"D:\Games\Steel Fury. Kharkov 1942\bin\rel\shell.exe" root\programs\polygen.program

« Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 02:26:59 PM by Iceman »  Report to moderator    Logged 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

дополнительный Помощник младшего Заместителя вспомогательного Курьера

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7    Reply  |  Notify  |  Mark unread  |  Send this topic  |  Print   

« previous next »

Jump to:  Please select a destination: ----------------------------- Graviteam games forum ----------------------------- => Achtung Panzer: Операция Звезда => Линия фронта: Битва за Харьков => Стальная Ярость: Харьков 1942 => Achtung Panzer: Kharkov 1943 => Steel Fury: Kharkov 1942 ----------------------------- General Discussion forum ----------------------------- => Donation/Пожертвования => General Discussion/Общие вопросы   

thebiskit
Oberleutnant

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2010, 06:34:25 PM »

i have tried both methods and no dice. there is no "editors and utilities" in the start menu, and when i try to creat the shell.exe shortcut and modify the "target" nothing happens. the version i have is by strategy first not lighthouse interactive. is there a chance that some things were left out. by the way i downloaded from amazon.com
thebiskit
Oberleutnant

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2010, 04:58:23 AM »

as i stated earlier i was looking for help on how to access the mission editor, and to those that replied i say thank you very much. even with their advice i couldn't get access to the editors. as i said i got my download from amazon, and the product is made by strategy first not lighthouse interactive. when i went back to amazon to look at the desciption again there was no mention at all about a editor at all. so now there are companies slinging a cut down product Angry Angry Angry does anybody know where i can get my hands on the FULL version on the game?
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2010, 05:04:10 AM »

Smiley

Hold your horses,

There's one way to find out if anything's missing. If you're comfortable with looking through folders and files, try to check out the contents of the following folder:

<game's main folder>\programs

There should be something called 'misedit.program' in there, let us know so we can proceed to The Next Step.   Grin

I'll post a shot of my shortcut settings later,

"Yes."
thebiskit
Oberleutnant

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2010, 05:11:59 AM »

nope no sub folder called \programs ive got docs mods redist root url users 1.1 EULA_stategyFirst JSGME so on and so forth but no sub called programs
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2010, 07:18:11 AM »

biskit have you tried the method to create your own MEas I showed you in my post?Otherwise what I can do is PM you the files I have and you can paste them into your game´s main folder.It should work
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2010, 07:20:41 AM »

Post your problem on the thread Steel Fury Support the admin guys are all part of Graviteam ´s development team ands should be able to help you solve your problem.

Anyway no matter who the distributor is it´s still the same game with the same game engine and root folder.So it does not make any sense unless you did not install the game properly.Try a new installation and see if you have the same issue....
« Last Edit: December 30, 2010, 07:25:44 AM by frinik » Logged
thebiskit
Oberleutnant

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2010, 09:31:45 AM »

tried reinstalling 5 times same thing. total download is 2.1 gb
thebiskit
Oberleutnant

« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2010, 09:47:14 AM »

frinik   if you could send me a copy of the \programs sub directory it would be very much appreciated
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2010, 01:00:35 PM »

Embarrassed Your "programs" subfolder is in the "root" folder. There's also a 'programs.datapack' file. Never mind  Smiley

Here's the shortcut settings for the Mission Editor! Give it a try,

As you can see, the 'main folder' for my installation is C:\Games\Steel Fury - Kharkov 1942

That's why my Target is:

"C:\Games\Steel Fury - Kharkov 1942\bin\rel\shell.exe" root\programs\misedit.program

Yours should be

"Your main folder\bin\rel\shell.exe" root\programs\misedit.program
Don't leave out the quotes,

Hope this helps  Undecided

"Yes."
thebiskit
Oberleutnant

« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2010, 07:01:16 PM »

i dont have a sub directory called programs ANYWHERE. i have re download 4 times now and reistalled 9 times now and have the same results no \programs, i have a programs.datapack in the \root directory but no \programs anywhere
thebiskit
Oberleutnant

« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2010, 07:19:39 PM »

i also get jsgme already in the main game folder with a created MODS folder and the compass mod and the unofficial patch WITH A STOCK INSTALL
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2010, 01:29:21 AM »

i also get jsgme already in the main game folder with a created MODS folder and the compass mod and the unofficial patch WITH A STOCK INSTALL

Yeah that doesn't seem like the normal install.

By the way, in my version the 'misedit program' is part of the 'programs.datapack', which is a compressed format. That's why it doesn't show up in any of my folders. It still works, though.

Have you tried creating the shortcut shown in the earlier post?

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2010, 04:05:49 AM »

Biskit  please PM me so I can send you both my ME bat. files and my programs sub directory files.I saw your post on the SF Support thread .Good just be patient they don´t answer right away.Don´t worry we"ll solve your problem! Smiley

Hang on!
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2010, 04:08:20 AM »

2.1 gb?Huh? It seems to me that my own original download was a tad bigger; 2.37 gbs or something?Huh? Could be that what Amazon is selling is not the complete version Undecided
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2010, 04:10:19 AM »

biskit could you post what your game main folder looks like? That would help us figure out what´s wrong and probably Graviteam support as well!
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2010, 04:24:15 AM »

Biskit do you have sub folder called BIN in your game main folder? If you click on it inside there should be a file called base_editor.codelib.

If you don´t have that file then this may be the causae of your problem.
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2011, 10:38:37 AM »

Grin

Any good news?

"Yes."
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: