Graviteam
March 28, 2024, 10:09:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: different versions of same game  (Read 19957 times)
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2011, 02:58:30 PM »

I emailed my codelib.editor files , my ME batch files and my programs.datapack file to Biskit today and hope thye help him solve his problem.

Happy New Year!
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2011, 01:22:45 AM »

I emailed my codelib.editor files , my ME batch files and my programs.datapack file to Biskit today and hope thye help him solve his problem.

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year!

I wish folks would give word when / if they get things working again, get problems solved and so on.  Lips Sealed

I'll be merging this topic later,

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2011, 04:46:14 AM »

The biskit emailed me and it seems that he is missing some subfolders.I emailed him all I could yesterday and today again but unfirtunately I can't email him my root and bin folders which would likely solve his problem.The next best thing to do would be to go back to Amazon and ask for a refund or another installtion CD.It seems that his instal cd is corrupted or incomplete.
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2011, 07:24:39 AM »

Hmm

I wonder what folders are missing from this Amazon / Strategyfirst version?  Tongue

On top of that, it appears there's a "Mods" folder and and JSGME included in the install?  Huh?

Always thought that was a separate thing.

"Yes."
thebiskit
Oberleutnant

« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2011, 03:39:12 PM »

it was a digital download. redownloaded 5 times same thing have said that before. cant get refund,allready checked i am done with this. to frinik i say thank you for your time help and patience. i cant keep on doing this. and to kyth you might as well close my account i am out. later
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2011, 05:39:55 PM »

Kyth do you think you could copy the missing folders on a cd and mail them to biskit?Unfortunately I live far from the States in a country notorious for its unreliable and theft-prone mail service.I assume both you and biskit live in the US?Right?

I don't see any other solution.|I emailed him 3 times the ME text abd bat files and he says he got less than half of them.I checked my out going mail and they are all there?Huh??

He seems to have given up based on his last post ...

What do you think???
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2011, 02:07:18 AM »

Hi Frinik,

I could post them up at my host site, if that would help. Preferably in a zip / rar format.
I know that virus scans don't like .bat files, maybe that could be the problem with the emails,

What are the missing folders / files, by the way? Huh?

At this point, based on the few scraps of information from The Biskit, it could be due to anything... OS, AV protection, install error, etc. etc...

It's also possible that Amazon / Strategy First are peddling a bootlegged version... Sad  Is that a likely scenario?

Yeah I think he has given up already  Roll Eyes

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2011, 03:14:13 AM »

In his latest email he made it bluntly clear(Hem...) that he does not have a F...... Programs folder in his game?Huh?

Amazon peddling pirated stuff???Unlikely but I suspect that the master copy of the game they use for their digital downloads is incomplete or altered.

Yeah hosting those file on your share file site might be the solution( I didn't think about that).Let's hope he does not give up and tries that solution.

I am surprised how easily people give up Huh?
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2011, 03:50:48 AM »

Unlikely but I suspect that the master copy of the game they use for their digital downloads is incomplete or altered.

Yeah I'm curious about this ... let's open it to the floor ...

To everyone reading this:

Has anyone downloaded the game from Amazon / Strategy First and gotten the same problem?
We would like to get to the bottom of this ... phenomena.  Undecided

Thanks,

"Yes."
thebiskit
Oberleutnant

« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2011, 07:01:19 PM »

to kyth
what i am missing is the programs folder in the \root directory. i have the base_editors.codelib and the programs.datapack the shortcut that frinik sent me wont work because of the missing \program folder "bin\rel\shell.exe root\PROGRAMS\misedit.program wont work with out the programs folder
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2011, 02:07:18 AM »

to kyth
what i am missing is the programs folder in the \root directory. i have the base_editors.codelib and the programs.datapack the shortcut that frinik sent me wont work because of the missing \program folder "bin\rel\shell.exe root\PROGRAMS\misedit.program wont work with out the programs folder

Hi, glad you're back.

You have the programs.datapack, good. The misedit.program and the rest of the program folder should already be in the programs.datapack file, they're just not visible because the programs.datapack is in a compressed format.

I suggest you try to create the shortcut for the mission editor (I assume you know how to create a shortcut?). Please read through this carefully and give it one last try:

Here's my shortcut settings for the Mission Editor.

As you can see, the 'Start In' entry for my installation is my 'main folder', C:\Games\Steel Fury - Kharkov 1942

Your 'Start In' or 'main folder' is where the game was installed.

My 'Target' is:

"C:\Games\Steel Fury - Kharkov 1942\bin\rel\shell.exe" root\programs\misedit.program

Your 'Target' should be:

"Your main folder\bin\rel\shell.exe" root\programs\misedit.program

Remember, Do not leave out any of the quotes (" "), They're really vital in creating this shortcut.

Try it out, and let us know how it went,

Regards,

"Yes."
thebiskit
Oberleutnant

« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2011, 04:39:38 AM »

sheepishly i might add i got it to work and found out what was the problem the whole time. i made a shortcut of the shell.exe and pasted to the desktop and edited the "target" to say
"c:\steel fury\bin\rel\shell.exe" root\programs\misedit\program and nothing happened time and again. i used a copy of a .txt that frinik sent me and nothing happened.ok now im mad and thats when i blew up. it wasn't until your last post that i saw that i had to edit the "start in" line also. now that it is pointing at the main directory it works.now i feel REALLY stupid Embarrassed
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2011, 04:57:53 AM »

Cheesy

No problem, I'm glad you got it working!

I see you're interested in mission-building? There's another thread here, where I posted a link for some video tutorials, check them out whenever you can,

Regards,

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2011, 05:30:29 AM »

Welcome aboard the biskit! Very glad you solved your problem!!Oftentimes the result of our oversights and mistakes,.Don't worry it happened to me alot and to others too!!

Just don't give up in the future and allow us to help you solve any problem you have.Have you got a working Mission Editor now Huh??

Enjoy the game it's really great! Smiley

Cheers
thebiskit
Oberleutnant

« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2011, 07:01:31 AM »

to frinik
yes i have a working mission editor, now just need to figure out how to use the bloody thing. found the other thread where kyth posted a link to a series of tutorials on the editor. once i get one made and polished i will send you a copy so that you can see the fruits of your labor. once again thank you for everything.
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2011, 08:38:30 AM »

Great stuff! Dont' be afraid to ask Kyth especially and myself for help with the ME.Happy New Year!

Cheers
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: