Graviteam
April 23, 2024, 10:02:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Missions editor help  (Read 11886 times)
scottyd2506
Hauptmann

« on: January 03, 2011, 08:53:14 PM »

Is there any help for the mission editor... for instance, I am trying to edit some of the stock missions and save them as a different name.. say the Matilda campaign missions.. I tried to change the player tank, but it is grayed out, all the others are not.
   also no option to "save-as" if I edit the org mission ..
  I've read the "read me" etc in the game doc.. nothing.. I haven't found a site on the planet earth that gives a tutorial on the editor..  like it the biggest top secret since the Manhattan project ..

the Tutorial doc says to Create, generate etc, but when I try to generate the mission I made, it asks for a poly file..  and none is these.. searched all the sub directories.. nothing will work. HELP please

learning as I go, but it is time consuming and frustrating for sure.. GREAT tank sim.

take care

« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 10:14:02 PM by scottyd2506 » Logged
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2011, 03:43:05 AM »

There are some video tutorials that could be useful:

http://www.4shared.com/dir/11609396/7b1d1709/Steel_Fury-Kharkov_1942.html

Play them full-screen and turn up the volume for the first two 'episodes', the recording is a little faint.  Smiley

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
WatchMan
Oberleutnant

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2011, 03:50:08 AM »

Thanks for posting that link kyth, I was going to mention that scotty, you might want to enable the "Steel Panzer Mod 1.5", it has more playable tanks.

"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country!"

George S. Patton
scottyd2506
Hauptmann

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2011, 05:01:01 AM »

Thanks for posting that link kyth, I was going to mention that scotty, you might want to enable the "Steel Panzer Mod 1.5", it has more playable tanks.

thanks guys, I do have SP1.5 as well as v0.1 patch ... I'm trying to edit the stock missions in 1.5.. for instance, I replaced a PzIII with a *TigerII . in 1st of one of the German campaign missions -- saved mission... the it errors out after I try and play it in the game.  every mission I change player tank in crashes -- what gives

Also thanks for the links.

Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2011, 05:13:42 AM »

Hi,

Just a shot in the dark here, but I recall that the designation for the player's platoon has to be in small-case,

for example, 'myplatoon' instead of 'Myplatoon'.

Another thing is, the 'Scripts' or 'Triggers' may still be referring to some platoon name that's already been deleted.

« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 05:15:53 AM by Kyth » Logged

"Yes."
scottyd2506
Hauptmann

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2011, 05:29:36 AM »

Hi,

Just a shot in the dark here, but I recall that the designation for the player's platoon has to be in small-case,

for example, 'myplatoon' instead of 'Myplatoon'.

Another thing is, the 'Scripts' or 'Triggers' may still be referring to some platoon name that's already been deleted.

Ok, I will look for those, what I did was take the tank below the player tank, click the hand, make it a player tank temporary.. thus it makes the tank that was a player tank above non-grayed out, so I can change/edit it to whatever.. then a take that tank (org player tank) and click hand to make it player again and gray it out.. save.   no go!

Also some of the SP 1.5 missions error out like T34/85... maybe I need a fresh install of Steel fury 1942.
also 1.4 seemed to work just fine.  I tried a stock mission and it worked with 1.5 so far...

my mod I have activated for now are (I have much more)
 patch v0.1 and
 SP1.5..
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2011, 06:04:01 AM »

Hi Scotty,

There's another possibility (the mention of the 'Tiger II' rings a bell),

Missions created or edited with the 'Tiger Mod' aren't always compatible with SPM 1.5.

It's to do with the 'common_units.engcfg' file, the units are named differently in the mission editor's "menu listing".

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2011, 08:44:58 AM »

Scotty hope I can help.

Are you getting the 001 core initialisation error message when your modified missions crash????If yes then it means you're missing some kind of file in your mission which causes it to crash.

Best thing to do if you want to edit an existing mission is to pack it into an external folder then re-import into your game using the unpack option of your ME.It will then appear in your user-made menu.Re-open it using the ME modifiy it as much as you like and then you can play the modified version from your user-missions menu.That way you still keep the original stock mission in your campaigns or single mission menu.

Normally just changing a tank in a mission and nothing else should not result in a crash.Have you tried playing the single mission with the Tiger II (Nepokrytoe I believe)?It came with the Tiger 1.0 mod in SP 1,4 and has been incorporated into the single missions of 1.5 beta?

Kyth I don't think the Tiger 1.0 missions edited with SP 1,5 should create any confilct as they have been incorporated into SP.1.5 beta. I changed a couple of Trophy missions and incorporated the Tiger II in a stock mission without any problems. As well Scotty seems to have problem with the T34/85 campaign as well.I modified one of these missions once and got a blank 001 error screen when I tried to play it.Got out of the game and tried again to play it and it worked?Huh?

Try exporting (pack) the mission you want to modify to an external folder that you will create and rwe-importing it through the unpack feature of your " create new mission option in the ME.It will become a user-made mission which you can modify as you like. This way it might work?Huh?
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2011, 10:06:32 AM »

Kyth I don't think the Tiger 1.0 missions edited with SP 1,5 should create any confilct as they have been incorporated into SP.1.5 beta. I changed a couple of Trophy missions and incorporated the Tiger II in a stock mission without any problems. As well Scotty seems to have problem with the T34/85 campaign as well.I modified one of these missions once and got a blank 001 error screen when I tried to play it.

Hi Frinik,

I do recall the Tiger / Trophy Mod included a lot of other units such as the JS-2, T-34/85, KV-2 and such, probably one of the later versions.
Caused a big headache getting them all working!  Grin

It's possible that enabling, then disabling the different mods might cause something in the game to go nuts.  Smiley Likely something to do with the common files...
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 03:31:11 PM by Kyth » Logged

"Yes."
scottyd2506
Hauptmann

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2011, 09:31:56 PM »

Scotty hope I can help.

Are you getting the 001 core initialisation error message when your modified missions crash????If yes then it means you're missing some kind of file in your mission which causes it to crash.

OK, I tried to start the T34-85 missions as well as the Tiger II missions in single player, and I get the

Exception core:
001: Error initialization program.
 in both

right after it is 99% loaded.. I am wondering if somehow I need to reinstall SF1942.. could have messed something up, I know if I take my mods out using JSGME to the stock game, it only shows user missions in the editor.. did this back when I was using SP-1.4

Another thing is my mods

I have

(1)Steel_Panzer_Mod_v1.5_beta,
(2)SPM1.5_beta_fix,
(3)SPM_V1.5_beta_English-patch_v2

I saved (2) over (1), then (3) over (1) ... instead of having JSGME do it

of course I have

Unofficial_patch_SF_v0[1].1_eng

I'm going to uninstall, and then reinstall, and I'll get back to you guys and let you know..
thanks

ok---- I'm back, reinstalled SF1942.. clean.. had to take O lady to store & wait, got back home... installed JSGME, patch v0.1 and sp1.5 again..
  Same thing, some missions will not load, tried t34-85.. would not load... might have a bad sp1.5 download... hope not as I only got like 20kb/s download from that site... (used to 300kb/s+ on most things), so it took all night.. anyone know of a FAST working link to get a new sp15?
  seems new tank missions will not work.

« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 11:11:25 PM by scottyd2506 » Logged
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2011, 02:17:06 AM »

Hi,

I've posted the SPM1.5 Beta temporarily at my host site, until things improve.

http://www.4shared.com/file/mpfv8bAy/Steel_Panzer_Mod_v15_beta.html

"YMMV" download speed may be satisfactory, maybe not  Grin

"Yes."
scottyd2506
Hauptmann

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2011, 02:40:37 AM »

Hi,

I've posted the SPM1.5 Beta temporarily at my host site, until things improve.

http://www.4shared.com/file/mpfv8bAy/Steel_Panzer_Mod_v15_beta.html

"YMMV" download speed may be satisfactory, maybe not  Grin

oh man, THANKS!!!!!!  I would kiss ya, but I hope "thanks" is enough!!  LOL
150kbs vs 20 to 50 I was getting at other site. HAPPY!

scottyd2506
Hauptmann

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2011, 04:22:45 AM »

new download of sp15.. still t34-85 and other newer tank missions not working..IS-122 mission works  maybe it could be I have the game installed on my D drive win-xp sp3 AMD Barton 3200 2.2 GHz cpu, ATI 800XT, 2 gig ram..
  might try this sim on my newer system "8400 3.0 GHz Core 2 duo GTX-260 2 gig ram win-xp SP3"

maybe the textures for the tiger, Tiger II and T34-85 are not to my systems likes.

any ideas??

Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2011, 04:48:33 AM »

It's a good idea to try installing on the other system.

The 'activation sequence' of the mods is also a factor;

Try it in this order:

- Unofficial_patch_SF_v0[1].1_eng
- SPM 1.5 Beta
- SPM 1.5 Beta - fix
- SPM 1.5 Beta - English patch

Regards,

"Yes."
scottyd2506
Hauptmann

« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2011, 06:23:54 AM »

It's a good idea to try installing on the other system.

The 'activation sequence' of the mods is also a factor;

Try it in this order:

- Unofficial_patch_SF_v0[1].1_eng
- SPM 1.5 Beta
- SPM 1.5 Beta - fix
- SPM 1.5 Beta - English patch

Regards,

Installed on the 3.0 GHz Core 2 duo 8400 .GTX260  system.  works fine on it..

maybe the new textures in the mod are too much for my video card ATI X850XT stock tanks work fine, so does a few of the modded one.. the T34-85, Tiger, and King Tiger must have something going on .. a different kind of file for the graphics on them.... any ideas.??

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2011, 06:35:44 AM »

Scotty; I see that you have 3 patches enabled; the beta fix OK, the unofficial English language patch v1 but why do you need to have version 2 enabled as well?Huh?

Try enabling only either v1 or v2 but not both as this might cause a conflict.I only have version 1( was not aware of a version 2 actually???)

RE the Mission Editor yes only user made missions appear in your little window on the left side.To access all the missions in the game just click on the editor button at the bottom right of your ME window it will take you into the big screen with the T34/76 and the bullets being loaded beneath.Then a small window will appear with all the missions contained in your game camapigns ; rkka_7, wer_3 , a single missions and user-made missions.Just pick the one you want to edit . You can also clik on the v create new mission and from there pick the mission in the game you want to edit.

BTW in your new instal you need 2 mods; Lajcak's autumn mod( adds mid autumn colours to the foliage very nice) and Shock3wave and Friedrich Wilhelm TIger E pack( which add a nice camo to the Tiger I and a new , improved sound to the MG34.Lajcak's mod you can get here.The TIger Epack you can get from the tanksim.com forum.Can give you the link if needed.

RE graphic cards; Scotty I played that game with ATI 3650, 5550, Nvidia G7000 and GT 330 and it made no difference (except in terms of colours or fps depending on the gpu's specs).

If the game works well on one pc and not on the other then it's got to be somthing you have enabled on installed in one game that you don't have in the other that creates a conflict.Do you have the english patches v1 and 2 enabled in both games?Huh?
scottyd2506
Hauptmann

« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2011, 08:38:49 AM »

Scotty; I see that you have 3 patches enabled; the beta fix OK, the unofficial English language patch v1 but why do you need to have version 2 enabled as well?Huh?

Try enabling only either v1 or v2 but not both as this might cause a conflict.I only have version 1( was not aware of a version 2 actually???)

RE the Mission Editor yes only user made missions appear in your little window on the left side.To access all the missions in the game just click on the editor button at the bottom right of your ME window it will take you into the big screen with the T34/76 and the bullets being loaded beneath.Then a small window will appear with all the missions contained in your game camapigns ; rkka_7, wer_3 , a single missions and user-made missions.Just pick the one you want to edit . You can also clik on the v create new mission and from there pick the mission in the game you want to edit.

BTW in your new instal you need 2 mods; Lajcak's autumn mod( adds mid autumn colours to the foliage very nice) and Shock3wave and Friedrich Wilhelm TIger E pack( which add a nice camo to the Tiger I and a new , improved sound to the MG34.Lajcak's mod you can get here.The TIger Epack you can get from the tanksim.com forum.Can give you the link if needed.

RE graphic cards; Scotty I played that game with ATI 3650, 5550, Nvidia G7000 and GT 330 and it made no difference (except in terms of colours or fps depending on the gpu's specs).

If the game works well on one pc and not on the other then it's got to be somthing you have enabled on installed in one game that you don't have in the other that creates a conflict.Do you have the english patches v1 and 2 enabled in both games?Huh?

Thanks for the reply,, I only have one patch.. what I ment by the SP1.5 mod is Incorporated the fix and English patch into the SP15 mod, instead of using JSGME to enable the 3 files.
  I do have the tiger enhancement mod.. not yet the autumn mod yet.. but I'll look into that.

I'm not sure why one pc plays it a the other doesn't ... only some of the tanks in SP15 will not load.....
the 2 gig 2.2 GHz Xp3200 system with 256 mb X850XT card usually plays most anything but real new programs.. the stock game as well as 1.5 mods worked fine.. the Stug mod worked.. played the Kv1 missions fine.. the IS-122 tank just fine.. it ran fairly smooth on the system on med-high setting, sometime it would lag..

I've already been playing on my newer system, edited some of the missions, replaced tanks etc.. works fine on it..   but it does bug me about not playing on the xp3200 with the some of the new mods.missions.
 boy does that Tiger II drive like a dream.. I'd like to maker a Gunnery range mission for it.

it is fun editing the campaigns.. using a massive Tiger II... I want to add a few more targets.. grumm "clear throat" I mean enemy tanks (t34's etc).. I know how to do this some, once I get used to this.. I'm going to make a big Panther and Tiger II campaign for everyone. just like I did with Panzer commander
 (Big cats) back in the day.

I'd like to talk also about your mods for changing armor ratings.. esp for the German units..

take care
scottyd2506
Hauptmann

« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2011, 06:53:59 PM »

Well I figured out it is my computer.. although all the other programs run fine.. I tried sf1942 with mod SP15 on 2 other of my systems, and the missions all worked.. one of the other systems has the same kind of MB, CPU and video card, except only 1 gig ram, ran choppy.. but worked.
 I even reinstalled windows installer 4, Net Frame 2.0 etc.. no go on my main system, still get the 001 error..

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2011, 03:50:42 AM »

Do you have DirectX9C installed on it????What kind of OS do you have?Have you tried playing with Compatibility option of your game.It may be that all it takes is setting the game compatibility to XP package 2003, or WIn 98 or 2000.I remember having the same problem with a game on Vista or Win 7 and then I set the compatibility to Windows 2000 and bingo it worked!

Als check the read me info thta comes with your Sf installtion they tell you about the game not starting with this and that etc.I am sure it´s got nothing to do with your pc but with your OS.
scottyd2506
Hauptmann

« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2011, 04:17:21 AM »

Do you have DirectX9C installed on it????What kind of OS do you have?Have you tried playing with Compatibility option of your game.It may be that all it takes is setting the game compatibility to XP package 2003, or WIn 98 or 2000.I remember having the same problem with a game on Vista or Win 7 and then I set the compatibility to Windows 2000 and bingo it worked!

Als check the read me info thta comes with your Sf installtion they tell you about the game not starting with this and that etc.I am sure it´s got nothing to do with your pc but with your OS.

Just want to give a big thanks for all who tried and help me..   it has something to do with my sound..
My specs are AMD Athlon Barton 2.2 GHz (3200), 256 mb X800XT series ATI video card, 2 gig ram.. WinXP SP3.. I have 3 system with the same motheboad.. only my main system has problems with the sim.

The game and mods for FINE on 2 of the other systems I checked them on..

I narrowed it down to mine by diabling sound in my game menu.. worked.. So I changed the "Sound & audio devices- Audio playback hardware Acceleration from Full (4th setting) to 2nd setting (3rd was not enough, I've had to do this in some programs before... I think my built in sound card my not be up to par..
 on that system..

Since the stock game worked with sound setting of 4.. I tried to take out all the sound files in the mods that the mods put in with JSGME.. and set Hardware acceleration back to Full (4).. no go.. hummm
live and learn.
   I probably just need an after market sound card.. do not know if it is worth it on this old a system.

I've been playing it on the old system, as well as my newer system with sound and graphics on FULL and loving it.
    thanks again

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: