Graviteam
March 29, 2024, 10:15:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: gunsight damage  (Read 6432 times)
scottyd2506
Hauptmann

« on: January 10, 2011, 01:06:24 AM »

anyone know of a good mod to reduce or rid gunsight damage. I mean if anything blows up by your tank the gun sight is done.

I know in real life gunsights could be damaged, but it was RARE, not EVEYTIME an explosion blows up next to you, some tanks also do not have a optics cap -key "G"-

I've unpacked tex_pack1.datapack, went to file \data\k42\loc_rus\textures\sfx folder, found 2 files that seem to have look like broken glass, trans_broken_sig22_c and trans_broken_sig_c

edited them so they show black only,,  made a mod, but the sim does not recognize it.. I thought about packing it back into the datapack, but can't find a working packer program.   

What am I doing wrong? thanks!
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2011, 03:28:18 AM »

Hi Scotty,

What happens after you replace the 'broken glass' files?
There was a mod by a fellow named Boomshekah which seemed to work; the link seems dead now  Sad

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
scottyd2506
Hauptmann

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2011, 04:06:53 AM »

Hi Scotty,

What happens after you replace the 'broken glass' files?
There was a mod by a fellow named Boomshekah which seemed to work; the link seems dead now  Sad

nothing happens, I think it needs to be repacked .. I seen his post, but no file was available.
   Those darn optics seems to be a little delicate, a darn fly wing land on them and "CRACK" .. something blows up 200 meters away "crack"

Update.

Got it working.. the DDL files are dbl layered, turned them into a BMP file while editing with GIMP, saved them as BMP back to game/sim, working... no more cracked optics when a spec of dust lands on them.
 Be nice  to have a slight chance to have optic failure, not 99% of the time when a small firecracker goes off beside your tank.. This is at least more REAL than stock.

I would like to fix the dirty culpa views. where commander is looking out the safe view inside, those glass get dirty and just might as well be broke.

Anyways, the optic gun view is fixed. although dirt and dust may still get on it at times.
  Anyone care to have this file?? .. I plan to upload it soon

« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 06:14:08 AM by scottyd2506 » Logged
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2011, 06:45:02 AM »

Hi Scotty I care to have you optic-safe file please.I also detest having the gunsights ruined at the slightest provocation so-to-speak.What irks me is the be snuffed out by an AI tanks which has damaged or ruined gunsight( you find out when you check the postmortem damages stats) and that does not seem to bother him while you can't see anything.I agree with you.Shattered or cracked optics once in a while but too often for no sound reason.

Please provide link and explanation on how to paste file in to texture folder.

Thanks

Cheers
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2011, 09:27:05 AM »

Thanks Scotty

But I think I still have that Boomshekah Mod somewhere, just have to find it  Smiley

Not to restart another controversy, but I think you'll find that Gun Damage is a lot more aggravating than Gunsight damage - and it happens quite regularly as well  Sad

It's pretty much 'game over' with Gun Damage and enemy AFVs still running around...

If you're looking to break new ground on the modding front, here's where we'll be Eternally Grateful.  Grin ... until the next grumble...

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2011, 01:39:14 PM »

I second that! It's my pet peeve and IO feel like shooting myself sometimes only ... my gun doesn' t work. I tried to ask the forum administrators but no answer ! Sad
Stig
Oberstleutnant

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2011, 10:16:11 PM »

From what I'm hearing, "gun damage" is FAR worse than a cracked sight. There's a backup sight view via periscope you can use in a pinch. But there's no "spare gun" on any tank I've ever heard of*... so, if there's gun damage you're pretty much looking at a mission fail.

*Wait, actually, I lied.... one of those Lee/Grant early war beasts with a limited 75mm in the hull and a 37mm on the turret might fill the bill... but you're not gonna do much with a 37 past a couple hundred meters...

and it's not even modeled yet... Wink

My Gaming Rig:
i5 2500K Quad-Core CPU at 3.3GHz
MSI P67A-C43 mobo
4GB of PC12800 DDR3 memory
1GB Galaxy GeForce GTX550 Ti video card GeForce 270.61 drivers (4/2011)
Cougar joystick/throttle combo
CH Pedals
scottyd2506
Hauptmann

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2011, 10:17:24 PM »

Thanks Scotty

If you're looking to break new ground on the modding front, here's where we'll be Eternally Grateful.  Grin ... until the next grumble...

haha funny, I wish I had 1% of your talent, I'm a noob-- this is an EASY fix, it was getting the edit program to work.
  I'll make a new post for download
scottyd2506
Hauptmann

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2011, 10:29:41 PM »

From what I'm hearing, "gun damage" is FAR worse than a cracked sight. There's a backup sight view via periscope you can use in a pinch. But there's no "spare gun" on any tank I've ever heard of*... so, if there's gun damage you're pretty much looking at a mission fail.

*Wait, actually, I lied.... one of those Lee/Grant early war beasts with a limited 75mm in the hull and a 37mm on the turret might fill the bill... but you're not gonna do much with a 37 past a couple hundred meters...

and it's not even modeled yet... Wink

I'm not sure what that file would be to fix gun damage, I agree with you it is a pain in the butt.
 Could be on the the color maps in the armor_map files.. something very small that needs some boosting I'm thinking..
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: