Graviteam
April 19, 2024, 07:20:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: cracked gunsight dam fix mod  (Read 7158 times)
scottyd2506
Hauptmann

« on: January 10, 2011, 10:24:30 PM »

Well I have 2 versions of the gunsight fix..   the 1st ver 1.1 you can not even tell after the sights are cracked, the 2nd ver 1.2 is best-  you can BARELY tell on the VERY outsides edges, you will see cracks, they do not really hinder your view much and at least let you know something is or has gone wrong..
 and this is the one I have for download, anyone wanting the other just ask

readme for mod

Ver 1.2
This small mod fixes the gunsight damage somewhat.

in Steel Fury 1942, the Gun sights seem to damage more than real life,
 in WW2 gunsights could be damaged, but not this easy or often.
 Although Steel Fury is the most realistic WW2 tank sim on earth, there are some minor flaws--

In Steel Fury, if a firecracker lands 100 meters from your tank, gunsight is damaged, if a fly wing
 touches your gunsight, damaged!

This mod fixes it so that when it does get damaged, you barely notics it at all, and ONLY on the very outsides
 edges of your optics..
---------------------------------------------------------------------
installation, instructions

install Folder gunsight_dam_fix_12 in your mods folder, enable with JSGME

enjoy

by scottyd2506

Here is the link

http://www.4shared.com/file/h01tToEK/gunsight_dam_fix_12.html

frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2011, 12:53:04 PM »

gunsight fix downloaded ! Thanks a lot Scotty!

Very much appreciated! Smiley

Cheers
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2011, 02:57:34 PM »

Bad news Scotty! I downloaded, installed, enabled and tested your gunsight fixx and unfortunately it does not work for me.I got  shattered optics as before when strafed by an IL2.

Too bad Embarrassed
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2011, 04:41:01 PM »

Scotty orrection.It worked in one install but not in the other.Happy to report that i one version I just got, as you had described, shattered optics on the edges while most of the gunsight was crack-free.On the other, may be because the damage was too great and the hit was straight on the gunsight it did not work.Happy and grateful for the fix! Wink
scottyd2506
Hauptmann

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2011, 02:31:04 AM »

Scotty orrection.It worked in one install but not in the other.Happy to report that i one version I just got, as you had described, shattered optics on the edges while most of the gunsight was crack-free.On the other, may be because the damage was too great and the hit was straight on the gunsight it did not work.Happy and grateful for the fix! Wink

Thanks for the reply, I will look into it, did you download the 1srt version, didn't have it up too long..

Do some more testing on it and let me know, I did a dozen tests with artillery bombarding around my tank..
  let me know please.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: