Graviteam
April 19, 2024, 10:15:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Right mods and order for SFK42  (Read 12407 times)
retarius
Oberleutnant

« on: December 22, 2009, 03:36:17 PM »

Hi Guys,

I have the following modes enabled (in the order shown), and don't seem to see all the missions available and options (playable tanks, for example):

Steel Panzers v1.4
Unofficial Patch SF v0.1
Free Camera Mod
MOD T-34 crew head movement
Muddy and Dusty Textures (Part 1)
Playable Panzers II, III, & StuG v0.2

The niumber of missions I see available are:

Tutorial 3
Group South 6
Group North 10
Fredericus 1   9
Single Player  6

Are these the right mods to have enabled to get the most missions and vehicles?

Thanks,
Retarius
mikhayl
Oberleutnant

« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2009, 12:54:47 AM »

Hi Retarius, the SF patch should be installed first. Also "Playable Panzers" is obsolete, it's the reason why the missions and campaigns don't show up, because it replaces some more recent files from Steel Panzers 1.4. Playable Panzers shouldn't be used anymore, SPM 1.4 has all those playable vehicles with better config files and missions to go with them.
And lastly, I'm not sure but I think that the T34 head movement mod isn't needed when you have SPM 1.4.

Cheers  Smiley
retarius
Oberleutnant

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2009, 02:50:12 AM »

Thanks Mikhayl.  I went back and only installed the unofficial patch (first), and then Steel Panzers v1.4. However, I see the same number of missions as before. Do I need other mods or patches to get the goodies?

Thanks,
Retarius
mikhayl
Oberleutnant

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2009, 11:18:54 AM »

Maybe you have a wrong folder structure for the mods, and the mod files don't go where they are supposed to go.

When SPM 1.4 is installed correctly, you should have 7 campaigns:
Group North (stock campaign)
Group South (stock campaign)
Group North (Mk.III)
Group South (KV-1)
Fridericus 1 (stock campaign)
Fridericus 1 (Pz III)
Fridericus 1 (StuG III)

+ the single missions (16 of them) and the tutorials.

Try to uninstall all mods first, then check the folders: It should be something like "Lighthouse/Steel Fury Kharkov 1942/MODS/Steel Panzer 1.4/Data/k42/etc..."

JSGME.exe should be in the "Steel Fury Kharkov 1942" folder, all the mods should be in the MODS folder and have the same structure as above: "MODS/Mod Name/data/k42/...".

Hope this works.
retarius
Oberleutnant

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2009, 02:25:57 PM »

Wow - I'm not getting that at all - just the missions that came with the original game. Everything "looks" right, and all the mods appear in the Generic mod enabler.

Here is what I am doing to install each mod:
1. Create a folder under MODs with the name of the Mod (i.e. Steel_Panzer_Mod_v1.4_eng)
2. Download the mod. When the d/l asks me to Run or Save the file, I select "Save", and the name of the folder in step 1
3. After D/Ling, I double click the .exe file that was downloaded
4. The Steel Panzer 1.4 Mod seems to install and automatically launch an older mod enabler. I "X" out of that and instead launch the newest Generic Mod enabler from the Steel Panzer root directory. Then enable (1st) the Steel Panzer 1.4 mod and (2nd) the Unofficial Patch mod. Everyhting seems to work well
5. Start Steel Fury - everything goes fine but it resembles the out-of-the-box game (as purchased)

No clue why the Mod won't appear

Retarius
mikhayl
Oberleutnant

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2009, 04:01:28 PM »

I think I see, when you launch the .exe to install one of the mods, you should point the installation to /Lighthouse/Steel Fury Kharkov 1942/, not to your new mod folder, the installation process actually creates both the "MODS" folder and the "mod name" folder.

If you go into MODS/Steel_Panzer_Mod_v1.4_eng/, you probably have another "MODS" folder instead of "data". So when you install the mod with JSGME, the files don't go where they're supposed to, and so when you launch the game the modded files aren't found and you have the stock game running.

What I do with mods that come in .exe format, is create a temporary folder on my desktop, and install the mod in that folder. Then navigate that folder and copy the "mod name" folder to my actual Steel Fury "MODS" folder.

It's difficult to explain clearly, in the end though the structure should look like that image:

Hmm and I just got a thought, do you use XP or Vista? I think some people had problem using JSGME with Vista because of UAC or something, it prevented files from being overwriten.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: