Graviteam
March 28, 2024, 11:21:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Panther/Hetzer mod  (Read 7164 times)
gloog
Oberleutnant

« on: February 01, 2011, 07:20:16 PM »

Hi All

Was just wondering where I can get the Panther/Hetzer mod (providing it's still available?).....also, is it compatible with SPM 1.5?
The download links I've found and tried don't seem to work!

Cheers
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2011, 10:19:09 AM »

Gloog, The Hetzer-Panther mod is no longer available.It's due to the fact that the Panther ausf.G model in that mod was taken from Red Orchestra Darkest Hour mod and some of theRO  modders objected that it be used in an another game.I was lucky enough to be able to download it befiore they shut the download link.Now you can only get the Hetzer as a stand alone mod.

Regretfully the Panther-Hetzer mod is only compatible with Steel Panzer 1.4 and then only if you disenable the Tiger _0.97/0_98 or 1.0 mods as they conflict with it.As a result the number of tanks available in the Mission Editor is severely limited. One guy succeeded in importing the Panther G into SP Beta 1.5 but despite my best efforts I have been unable to do it.Still the Beta 1.5 mod offers you the Hetzer and Panther ausf. D included.

If you are interested I could probably email you the Hetzer-Panther mod but bear in mind what I said about compatibility above and it iffers only 2 missions one with the Hetzer which is not bad and a terribly trite one with the Panther G(Barkenkovo).For some odd reason the Panther G is very sluggish and move painfully slow and to get to your objective is an excercice in patience. What I have done to solve the problem was to erase the Panther G's engine and acceleration features in the tech_cfg file and paste those of the Panther D instead. Now it moves well.

If you want the mod just PM me your email and I will send it to you.
gloog
Oberleutnant

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2011, 05:43:05 PM »

Hi Frinik

Thanks for the response.

Reading what you said regarding the mod being unavailable kind of falls into place as I've read a few posts on other sites reflecting this....!

I am running a SPM 1.5 version and a seperate 1.4......but as you say for 2 missions is it worth the hassle.

Am I correct that there's a model of the Hetzer playable in the 1.5.

I'm busy trying to get the Desert Mod to work at the moment and getting nowhere at all with that.
Also the Target Range Gunnery Mod when installed shows up and starts to load but crashes the game and a I get a notepad error log.
Someone said it could be the weather files or something.....still investigating!

I'll PM you my email address if that's ok and I'll roadtest the mod?

Cheers again
norm
Oberst

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2011, 09:31:41 PM »

I know that the Hetzer is in SP 1.5, but I don't know if it's drivable yet.
lockie
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2011, 11:48:28 PM »

Also the Target Range Gunnery Mod when installed shows up and starts to load but crashes the game
Try this mission "Firing ground" Wink
http://keep4u.ru/full/278d1d0e03c03865110a0f5b765dea8c.html
d/l:
http://www.sukhoi.ru/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=118946&d=1287172041

U've to generate a polygon, in case if u'll fail, u may try this link with already prepared polygon:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/mdgmr5

Provocative signature removed
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2011, 08:20:33 AM »

Gloog the Htezer is playable in both SP 1.4 with the stand alone Hetzer mod enabled and Beta 1,5( included is one mission in the single missions menu).

For th4 Desert mod to work you need to have Hill2106 map in your ME.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: