Graviteam
April 25, 2024, 04:14:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Game Installed/get error code: "exception core" 003: unable to create render dev  (Read 23759 times)
camerabuddha
Oberleutnant

« on: February 02, 2011, 04:23:32 PM »

Hello,
I don't know if this topic has been discussed but I was able to instll SFK on my windows 7. when running game the only screen that pops up is a text stating 003: unable to render device. I am not very computer savy so if there is a fix to this please put in layman terms...that  would be appreciated. Hope I can be playing soon!!
Thanks
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2011, 02:34:13 PM »

You need DirectX 9C to run the game.With Win 7 you have DirectX 11 you may have to re-install DirectX 9. There's an error code glossary somewhere in the installation CD along with systems requirements.I have SF both on Vista and Win 7 64 bits and the game runs very well.
camerabuddha
Oberleutnant

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2011, 05:23:12 PM »

Thanks for the response. Now I don't really know the process of reinstalling Directx9 since Windows 7 is using Directx 11?
John
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2011, 06:54:43 AM »

Just go on the Micrisoft.com website( You'll see lots of websites offering you Direct X ( files downloads .Avoid them because of lot of these are just spamming you to death afterwards.Once on the microsoft website look for software download and you'll find various versions of DirectX 9 -C .The most complete is the June 2010 version which I used for another games.Normally SF has it own built-in Direct 9X files check your bin folder inside you should see a list of dll and direct 9X files.
camerabuddha
Oberleutnant

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2011, 04:51:06 AM »

Thanks Frinik for your help...
Everytime I try to load Direct X 9c Windows 7 say you a more recent version loaded and it won't let me load 9c. Should I load it into the SMF folder if I could load a version of 9c?
Thanks and frastrated havent gotten to play the game yet>>
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2011, 09:29:42 AM »

That´s odd .Have you tried doing it with Aministrator´s right?Although with Win 7 it´s normaqlly nto required.What version do you have?I have Win 7 Home Premium 64 bits.

Perhaps you should remove the version you have unistall it and then try to install the June 2010 version. Have you tried setting tyour game to a different compatibility? You right click on the game´s folder and then click on properties and see if there´s any set.If not try seetting the game on Windows XP 2003 pack 2 or Windows 98.This could possibly be your problem.

I have posted your error code on the support thread .Hopefull one of the officers of the forum( often they are Graviteam members) will come up with an explanation as the what the error code mean.

Hang on.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 09:32:30 AM by frinik » Logged
Iceman
Graviteam
Oberstleutnant

*Graviteam* (Assistant Deputy Backup Courier)

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2011, 11:30:22 AM »

1. Download and install
DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer

2. Install latest videocard drivers.
Nvidia
ATI
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 11:49:01 AM by Iceman » Logged

дополнительный Помощник младшего Заместителя вспомогательного Курьера
AndiHam
Oberleutnant

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2011, 10:43:10 AM »

hello,

i also habe this errorcode, but with kharkov 1943 only. steel fury works without this error.
kharkov 1943 also starts and works, but when i want go back to the menue, i get this errormessage and it jumps back to desktop.

i use windows 7 64 bit

regards
andi

p.s. my problem with steel fury is, that when i drive my tank and there will be an objective message shown at the top middel of the screen, the first line of text ist not readable, because it ist to high and outside the screen. the second line is readable.

also when i go to the stettings menue, the headlines are inside the first oprion, so i cant red the tpic of the setting item.
for example when i go to see the keyboardcommand, i can see all describtions and the key, but the very first one i cant see, because the text ob the headline is inside the first keyoption-name and so i can see wich key i have to press, but dont know for what this key is, because name is not readable.

Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2011, 01:37:51 PM »

Andi

I'm going to guess you have the dreaded 'widescreen bug'....

Get fix here...

http://tanksim.org.ru/modules/wfdownloads/viewcat.php?cid=17

"What am I, chopped liver..?"

"Yes."
AndiHam
Oberleutnant

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2011, 06:26:29 PM »

tried this allready ..... no change .....
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2011, 11:45:30 PM »

Some other things I hope you tried:

- Different screen resolution settings for the game,
- Different screen resolution settings for the desktop,
- Updating display card drivers
- Reinstalling Direct X

"Yes."
AndiHam
Oberleutnant

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2011, 04:32:42 PM »

Some other things I hope you tried:

- Different screen resolution settings for the game,
- Different screen resolution settings for the desktop,
- Updating display card drivers
- Reinstalling Direct X

kharkov 1942:
tested different resolutions. some not widescreen res. looks a bit better, but then i have on the left and right side space without gamescreen.
displaycard drivers are up to date, all other games are working very well also
directx web-update was made, no change.

with kharkov 1943 i dont have display problems, but when i want to return from a running game to the main menue, i get the "003 error, unable to render ......." and will be back on the desktop afterwards
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2011, 01:26:29 AM »

Re Kharkov 1943,

I haven't got the game, so I'll copy over the advice from another forum:

1) Press autodetect button in options
2) Uncheck option 6.11
3) Check option 6.8
4) Check option 6.3
5) Press apply button

You may need to follow up in the appropriate forum, either here or at paradox.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 02:06:24 AM by Kyth » Logged

"Yes."
AndiHam
Oberleutnant

« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2011, 07:51:17 AM »

hello kyth,

i used the search funktion and this solution, which you copied from an other thread ist for the errorcode 003 with kharkov 1942.

in steel fury, i have the problem with the headline text in the settings-menue, wich overwrites the first option name and the first line of text while in a mission (objective text), which is not readable, because its to high (behind the screen end at the top).

the error code 003 comes with kharkov 1943, when i wanted to go back from a running game to the main menue.

regards
andi
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2011, 12:29:04 PM »

AndiHam you are wrong the 003 error code thread which I copied from another forum is for the game Achtung Panzer Kharkov 1943 an RTS game not Steel Fury Kharkov 1942 which is a tank simulator.Read the threads carefully...

Your problem with the wide screen in Steel Fury is one that a few people seem to have and which the wide screen bug fix does not seem to solve.
Have you tried setting the resolution of both your game ane computer at the higest possible value say 2560 X 1200 in order to shrink the screen?
AndiHam
Oberleutnant

« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2011, 01:43:57 PM »

AndiHam you are wrong the 003 error code thread which I copied from another forum is for the game Achtung Panzer Kharkov 1943 an RTS game not Steel Fury Kharkov 1942 which is a tank simulator.Read the threads carefully...

Your problem with the wide screen in Steel Fury is one that a few people seem to have and which the wide screen bug fix does not seem to solve.
Have you tried setting the resolution of both your game ane computer at the higest possible value say 2560 X 1200 in order to shrink the screen?

ah sorry ... used the search funktion and also found it here in the forum in the steel fury support thread.

i use 1600*900 as desktop and as the game settings. its the highest resolution, i can use, i guess.
i bought steel fury as a downloadversion. when i tried out the widescreenbug fix, i found out, that this file, which i have to copy to the gamefolder, is the same size, as the one, i allready found in the gamefolder.

maybe the widescreenbugfix was allready implemented in the downloadversion.
all in all i saved the original file and copied the file from the widescreenfix patch over it.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 01:48:03 PM by AndiHam » Logged
frinik
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2011, 02:29:31 PM »

Have you tried setting your game at a lower res say 1440 X 900 or even 1280 X 768 or even at 1024 X 768?Could be that your graphic card is the cause of your problem.
AndiHam
Oberleutnant

« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2011, 02:50:29 PM »

Have you tried setting your game at a lower res say 1440 X 900 or even 1280 X 768 or even at 1024 X 768?Could be that your graphic card is the cause of your problem.

yes, but then i have bar´s left an right of the screen and the game is not as wide, as the screen is.
no idea if the grafic card is the cause of the problem. maybe with this game, but all other games (and i have many) dont have problems with my grafic card.

p.s. .... just now i tested this settings as recommended for kharkov 1943 an the problem seems to be solved (thank you very much for this):
1) Press autodetect button in options
2) Uncheck option 6.11
3) Check option 6.8
4) Check option 6.3
5) Press apply button

« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 04:28:25 PM by AndiHam » Logged
Kyth
Generalfeldmarschall

« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2011, 05:13:19 PM »

One more suggestion, this is a long shot,

Could you try hitting your monitor's 'auto-reset' button while in the game. It may not be centering properly when you change resolutions or refresh rates,

"Yes."
AndiHam
Oberleutnant

« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2011, 07:20:19 AM »

One more suggestion, this is a long shot,

Could you try hitting your monitor's 'auto-reset' button while in the game. It may not be centering properly when you change resolutions or refresh rates,

not possible ... its a notebook Smiley

the whole game itselfs looks like it has the correct size (dimension) .. only the text (objectives 1 line and headlines in settings menue).
maybe it can help, when i post a picture ?
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: